Bowed Case and Bad L Button.

Cas

Hi

I have had my Pandora now for coming close to two weeks.

On first unpacking I could not wait to get a mem card in and start playing

around with it so this was not really noticed at first, well it was but I just ignored

it and started playing.

On first playing I soon realised that the Left shoulder button was not functioning correctly, but

was soon fixed as is suggested in other threads here.

After getting over the initial playing days I turned my attention to the way the Pandora looked.

I soon went back to looking at the left hand side of the case, looking from the front this area of the case

is bowed downward. I put a straight edge along the top of the case (next to the keyboard), and it is the left hand of the case which

is bowed in a downward direction, rather than an overall bowing from end to end.

Apart from the L button issue and the bowed case the Pandora all works absolutely fine.

If you watch some of the Pandora unpacking clips on You tube you can see this bowing of cases

in those, so it seems it is affecting other cases also.

Has anybody else received a Pandora with a bowed case ?

Has anybody found a reason for it ?

Has anybody found a cure for it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are referring to the small gap between the bottom part and the lid on the left side then I can tell you that everyone has that.

It is due to a flaw in the case mold (fixing it would cause massive delays as several more iterations on the mold design would be required which has been the cause of at least half a year of delays in the past).

There is no fix for this, try not to let it bother you.

^ My understanding is that the bezel-bowing is due to the painted finish, since the case was designed not to be painted. :p

Also, if the "issue" in question here is the one where one side of the lid is flush and the other isn't when it's closed (I'm guessing it might be, given the mention of the left-hand side of the case), everyone has that, too. My understanding is that that's due to the hinge component being on the right-hand side, and pulling that side down.

^ My understanding is that the simpler solution would be not doing the painting. :lol: But yes, you're right - if the painted finish is to be kept, it would probably involve changes to the mould instead, and I would guess that they'd be quite risky, since I presume a wrong move would render the mould useless.

Well, unless not painting on the insides and edges would fix it...

Hi

Thanks.

Back