Case Build

shillbert

Still Fresh
I've been watching a few unboxing video's and seen some photo's that show the front edge of the Pandora looking as though they are bowed upwards.

Is this the case or is it just fish-eye on the lens of the recording device?

Ian_J said:
I've been watching a few unboxing video's and seen some photo's that show the front edge of the Pandora looking as though they are bowed upwards.

Is this the case or is it just fish-eye on the lens of the recording device?
The "spring" (not sure exactly what it is, probably not a real spring though) that holds the lid shut is only on one side of the hinge. As a result, it pulls that side down a little harder than the other side, causing it to bow slightly, unfortunately.
Keep in mind that these videos are probably enhancing the effect by focusing on that part of the Pandora. If you were to hold it naturally and just look at it from a more reasonable distance, I wonder if it would be as obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone that owns one put it on a flat surface front down to see if it is bowed?

Just wondering if it is and this could be solved in the next batch of cases.

Ian_J said:
Has anyone that owns one put it on a flat surface front down to see if it is bowed?

Just wondering if it is and this could be solved in the next batch of cases.

It is not perfectly straight (for my unit). It would rattle when put on a flat surface and keys pressed.

It is only very slight ,really not a problem ,you can't really notice it unless you are looking for it and even then you will not be unhappy with it and that comes from paddy the complaining arse :blink:

WizardStan said:
Keep in mind that these videos are probably enhancing the effect by focusing on that part of the Pandora. If you were to hold it naturally and just look at it from a more reasonable distance, I wonder if it would be as obvious.

Or maybe if you got drunk first! :)

crade said:
Or maybe if you got drunk first! :)
:eek:
If you are drunk I am not letting you anywhere near my precious Pandora... that I don't have yet.

The nature of PC-ABS is that if you put a (not stupidly heavy) weight on the Pandora for a day or two when it was closed the case would become flat in that corner.

Not a major issue.

I just like to know these things beforehand so that I don't get a nasty surprise when I receive my Pandora.

Back