Bradnd New Gp2x Shows Black Waves And Doesnt Get Past Welcome Screen

zacaj

void main()
Website
zacaj.com
i jusrt got my gp2x value pack 14 hours ago, from play-asia.com. ive been playing super mario world, smb3, and payback demo for about 5 hours on and off. after beating the first world of smw, i saved my save state, and exited the emulator. then i turned off the power, and tok out the sd card to try and get the psx emulator working. i plugged in my 256mb sandisk sd card to my computer, then i turned on my gp2x. it showed the welcome screen, played the welcome sound, then acted like the battery was dead at the starting up screen. so i truned it off, and replaced the batteries with some new ones, and it did the same thing. ivve gone through the entire 36 pack of batteries, but it still wont boot. now it displays some moving black waves on top of the welcome screen, some times i can make them slow down and speed up using some of the buttons, but it wont start. i tried it with and without the sd card, before and after formatting it, and with and whithout the usb cable pluged in.

NO NI-Cad batteries, either ... make sure you have a few sets of NiMH rechargeables ... I use Duracell 2650mAh batteries, and they last a looooooooooong time :)

TelcoLou said:
NO NI-Cad batteries, either ... make sure you have a few sets of NiMH rechargeables ... I use Duracell 2650mAh batteries, and they last a looooooooooong time :)
2300mAh's here and they don't last long at all (1-2 hours :( )

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ They're off-brands I'm betting...

I got 4x2500MaH Energizer NiMHs for around $5 and I get 4-5 hours out of each set of 2.

Back