Release BrainParty

mcobit

Advanced Member
Hello everyone,

Here is a BETA of BrainParty, a game, that comes form the Iphone, but went opensource.

It is a braintraininggame.

"Brain Party is a fun, free puzzle game for all the family that's made up of 36 minigames designed to push your brain to its limits by testing memory, logic, mathematics, reaction time and more! Brain Party is split into two modes: test mode gives you five minigames in a row and adds up your brain weight to see how smart you are, and practise mode lets you play your favourite minigames as often as you want."

https://www.youtube.com/embed/R6lgHRmIHnA?feature=oembed

After porting to EGL and fiddeling with some stuff, I found a neat trick to rotate and scale the display from the n900 port of it.

The Pandora should be held sideways like a book to play.

You can play with your fingers or Stylus.

Update!

Changelog:

Build3:

- Should fix some touchscreenissues reported by Mr.Loon on the forums:

http://boards.openpa...post__p__106492

Build2:

- Shouldn't crash anymore

- 2 starters in menu: one for lefthanders, one for righthanders

Have Fun!

Get it on the repo:

http://repo.openpand...rainparty-29611

Last edited by a moderator:
I read the headline and imagined a...very...different...kind of game. Possibly triggered by playing a lot of Zombies Ate My Neighbours :D

I love the way the pandora is held vertically a la nintendo's brain age games.

Great fun!!!

Nice job, as always :D

Could you document the trick you used to rotate & scale display, if it's reusable?

Can you add an option or provide a configuration file for lefties?

I'd love to see that recent game Primate Plunge have a portrait mode too, it's a bit teeny tiny in landscape!! ;)

Anybody has had a freeze during playing this game?

I had two yesterday.

Any thoughts, what coud be wrong?

I know, that pickle mentioned, that EGL is quite fragile...

Edit: It seems to happen mostly in games, where you have to drag stuff, like that one, where you have to drag same shapes on to each other and the one, where you have to match the crystals in lines of three.

I played it briefly last night, haven't had any problems so far.

Thanks again

Ok, I think I found the problem. Compiling without any -O flags solved it apparently.

Will now work on making a lefthanded option and post an update.

Update!

Changelog: Build2:

- Shouldn't crash anymore

- 2 starters in menu: one for lefthanders, one for righthanders

Please test and report back!

Anybody has had a freeze during playing this game?

I had two yesterday.

Any thoughts, what coud be wrong?

I was playing this on the train today, and thinking "Damn, I'm getting these freezes, I need to file a bug report". Good thing it wasn't just me, then :) I had them randomly, but generally after having played the tests 1 1/2 times-ish (that is, play through the test, start a new one, freeze on third-ish game).

Apart from that (which might be fixed now, then), I'd like to say: Excellent work! This is a very polished, very commercial-looking (in the good way) game. After a bit of a lull in new stuff, suddenly it all rolls in - This, Forget me not, Head over Heels, and loads of other stuff I haven't even tried yet. And a lot of it very polished, very good...*bows in awe*

Nice port mcobit, downloaded the new version (with lefty mode) but it has frozen up on me on the dragging games, specifically match 3 jewels & untangle the dots. Am on HF6 and was running wifi FWIW.

Nice port mcobit, downloaded the new version (with lefty mode) but it has frozen up on me on the dragging games, specifically match 3 jewels & untangle the dots. Am on HF6 and was running wifi FWIW.

Damn, so it still freezes...

Could you try again without wifi on?

Edit. Played with wifi off for about an hour now and saw all the minigames without a freeze. Might be related to wifi.

Maybe I should put a script in the startup, that disables wifi on start.

This wouldn't be the first time an app is influenced by wifi and sgx and the other way around.

Back