Button mix-up...

Fatman2001

Still Fresh
Just received my Pandora (great), though has anyone else received theirs with 2 'A' buttons instead of 'A' and 'B' buttons?

Thanks, sadly I'll have to return it to get it sorted before I've had the chance to see what it can do, gutted!

Thanks, sadly I'll have to return it to get it sorted before I've had the chance to see what it can do, gutted!

Um... you're returning it because of 2 A buttons?

It might be easier to just let them send you a B button, if you are not too scared to replace the button yourself.

Thanks EvilDragon, unfortunately though I'm not familiar enough with this kit to even try and take it apart to fit the 'B' button as I'd probably not be able to get it back together again! I would also hate to void my 12 month warranty on day 1 too! Thanks for your support all the same :)

Best Regards,

Fatman

Pretentious Console Modder

wait whats the problem?

it still functions as a "B" button right? It's just labelled A...doesn't seem like a big deal, just my 2 cents

Does anyone know if it would be possible to switch the buttons to the generic SNES setup? I'm assuming it would be possible, but I know the Dingoo's buttons had pieces of plastic that stuck out so the buttons had to be set in certain ways. At least I don't think you could put them together however you wanted. It's been a long time since I've opened up my Dingoo...

Does anyone know if it would be possible to switch the buttons to the generic SNES setup? I'm assuming it would be possible, but I know the Dingoo's buttons had pieces of plastic that stuck out so the buttons had to be set in certain ways. At least I don't think you could put them together however you wanted. It's been a long time since I've opened up my Dingoo...

That's like the DS - it's impossible to put the buttons in the incorrect way if I recal correctly.

Damn, there's no way I would send my [as yet unrecieved] Pandora back because of having two B buttons! Pandora with two B's is better than no Pandora at all!

Swapping the buttons over wouldn't be too big a deal, if you have some dexterity and are careful. You've also been given the go ahead to try this without voiding your warranty, as ED is offering you a button to do it yourself. If worst case, you fail, then you RMA and I reckon they would be cool with that. Otherwise yes the B function is still there anyway.

If you are going to RMA, you should at least check everything else is working fine first. It would suck to send it back and have it returned only to find the shoulders, wifi, nubs, cable, SD slots etc are weird aswell, then have to send her packing again!

Spend some time testing it out first is my advice, as you'll not give a tuppenny bit about the button then anyway.

The looks issue is true, but it can always be explained that 'the company are cool enough to send me the replacement and offer I do it myself without voiding my warranty, I even got a direct response from the guy that designed it and you don't get that from SONY et al!"

Well the 2nd 'A' button seems to be working fine as the 'B' button so all is not lost. I didn't have the time to test it before my original post as it was merely an observation at the time of opening the box (it just caught my eye).

I hope this relieves me of my "anal" status Sony?

Well, if you're into that kind of thing (with chicks of course) then I don't mind. Nothing wrong with Greek Style!

Anyway, like the other people above me have already stated make sure you test and play the sh*t out of your Pandora before sending it back...or alternatively do as MarioP has advised and ask permission from Ed or Craig about opening it up without voiding your warranty.

So, just how difficult is it to take one of these apart to say swap out a button and then successfully put it back together? Any horror stories I should be aware of?

ChaosWarmech, it's not as impossible as you might think, I've seen more than a handful of PSP's that have had this exact problem. Different console granted, but same principle.

Back