Button mix-up...

I think there's some photo guides or perhaps video about somewhere that others will no doubt be able to find the link for. Its probably abit more complex that the shoulder buttons, as that deals purely with the back of the unit, whereas this would need the top side lifting and working between the keymat and the gaming buttons themselves.

I think a few folk have done it, perhaps just to swap the buttons to SNES style arrangement etc, as thats patented but there is nothing stopping the swap over physically, except dexterity.

The main issues are the on/off switch is fiddly and delicate and the ribbon connector for the LCD cable is fragile.

I was wrong to assume warranty cover from ED's statement alone, so please don't go on that. Merely that he is suggesting you can freely have a try if you wish and feel capable to do so. I wouldn't personally, as I'm a cackhanded fool :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if it would be possible to switch the buttons to the generic SNES setup? I'm assuming it would be possible, but I know the Dingoo's buttons had pieces of plastic that stuck out so the buttons had to be set in certain ways. At least I don't think you could put them together however you wanted. It's been a long time since I've opened up my Dingoo...
It's totally possible. The buttons are completely independent.

IMG_0004.jpg

:D

I did it myself. The bottom half is really easy to take apart. You just gotta watch out for the microphone; it could easily get broken off.

Nah, I remember how they were set up, just will have to think for a second rather than look down.

Hmmmmmm...Seeing as the bottom is easy to take off I'm going to consider doing the same thing myself.

I really Love the Y B X A Nintendo way. Cheers. :)

ZNJmF.png

It's real easy to do, just make sure you watch out for the mic. It's a small metal cylinder that has to slide into a specific hole in the case. If you pull the board out at an angle it will push up against the case and could break off. Then just pull out the keypad, swap the buttons, and reassemble. Shouldn't take you more than 15minutes.

I've thought about trying to replace the buttons with actual SNES buttons, but I think the pandora buttons are a tad smaller. My SNES is at my Dad's house, I should go over there sometime and grab a controller to see if they would fit.

Back