Buying Blank Media

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
I'm coming to the end of my 50 DVD spindle and was wondering where you guys buy your blanks. I need Ritek dye or equivalent obviously ;)

Recommendations of online bargains please. I only need 4x. I don't care if they are + or -

Thanks in advance ToaD :)

I buy all my stuff at Aldi! (I really do, their CDs are cheapo and out of the 100s of cds ive got only one has been dodgy (well some have failed buy my drive is dying). The dodgy one had nout on it, just a translucent disk :s

BaDToaD posted on Oct 20 2005 at 10:22 PM said:
£5. But if you buy in bulk, that is not too bad. If you spend over £70 you also get a 1% discount, and the discount slowly increases the more you spend.
If you have alot of money why not buy in bulk, and save yourself lots of money in the future. :p :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I second the vote for SVP, i buy from them all the time. (thier SD cards are cheap as well)

Sign up to thier newsletter too, they regularly do offers like 99p shipping for people on the list.

BaDToaD posted on Oct 21 2005 at 09:18 AM said:
Hanz™ posted on Oct 20 2005 at 11:29 PM said:
£5. But if you buy in bulk, that is not too bad. If you spend over £70 you also get a 1% discount, and the discount slowly increases the more you spend.
If you have alot of money why not buy in bulk, and save yourself lots of money in the future. :p :D

Over £70!!! :blink: Blimey how much downloading do you do? :D

I think I'll buy a hundred off them. That'll keep me going for ages :)
Not that much (a couple of GB a day... heh), but I used to copy every single DVD that entered my house *cough*thankyouscreenselect*cough*.

rabbits with hats posted on Oct 20 2005 at 05:29 PM said:
Poundland. 2 for £1 ;)

Sad it's not online.

Your getting ripped off :p, thats 50p a Disc!!!!

PinkSpider posted on Oct 20 2005 at 05:30 PM said:
The dodgy one had nout on it, just a translucent disk :s

Thats normal :).... usually their is one on the top and sometimes the bottom :)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 23 2005 at 06:32 PM said:
i prolly say this a lot, but here goes again: EBAY

i got 100 dvd+r for roughly 35 dollars US from there. You really cant beat that.

oh, and the 35$ US included shipping :D :D
Bid or Buy it now?

I got 100 DVD's for about 50€.

Jarska333 posted on Oct 23 2005 at 01:00 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 23 2005 at 06:32 PM said:
i prolly say this a lot, but here goes again: EBAY

i got 100 dvd+r for roughly 35 dollars US from there. You really cant beat that.

oh, and the 35$ US included shipping :D :D
Bid or Buy it now?

I got 100 DVD's for about 50€.
I bid I think. this was about a year ago

I ordered 150 Ridisc from SVP. They cost 38 quid odd including VAT and P&P and I have the piece of mind that they listed my drive as compatible.

BaDToaD posted on Oct 23 2005 at 07:19 PM said:
I ordered 150 Ridisc from SVP. They cost 38 quid odd including VAT and P&P and I have the piece of mind that they listed my drive as compatible.
See.
Cheapness.

I use Datawrite disks, they are solid.

I've burned over 2000 Datawrite Greys (-r, 8x) and the only failures are the ones caused by my own lameness.

Datawrite Yellow (+r,8x) dvd's are what I use at work, they never fail, and one of my workmates swears by the Titanium (+r,8x) ones.

I must start buying 16x disks now the prices are coming down. though at £18 for 100 8x and £13 for 50 16x its still quite a price hike to save 3 mins a disk.

Avoid BulkPaq, I got 100 of those once, coastered nearly 50% of them.

PinkSpider posted on Oct 20 2005 at 06:30 PM said:
I buy all my stuff at Aldi! (I really do, their CDs are cheapo and out of the 100s of cds ive got only one has been dodgy (well some have failed buy my drive is dying). The dodgy one had nout on it, just a translucent disk :s
Are you by any chance a chav (joking), I used to live in Hull, I remember Aldi selling torn cat litter bags running into torn flour bags, and £1.99 three man tents (gay!)
have they finished the roadworks near pearson park?
I used to live on a landfill site. Do you know Fred Bloggs (don't be ashamed to admit he's you)
I hear they added an extra elecric fence to endeavour prison/school, no doubt you went to highoncrackmers

Back