Sega Saturn....

ninja_sauce

Still Fresh
Oki well this is getting silly! Have gone from never playing games at all to buying a cheap GBA to play final fantasy 4, to a gp2x for all the snes rpgs and then somehow ended up with a dreamcast on which i am currently loving skies of arcadia.

I mentioned this to a friend of mine and he has offered to sell me his fully modded saturn and a large bunch (50+) of backed up games for £100.

I'm almost sold on the idea, but wavering slightly...looks like i have got myself a bad case of retro console collection going on here - so just wondering if anyone has any quick comments and recommendations and to let me know if the price sounds fair?

i have looked and found saturn's going on ebay for £20, though obviously unchipped and with either a fighter or a driver game with it which doesnt do much for me - so is this deal sounding good?

thanks in advance

errr no. sega saturn you cxan get from between £10 & £20 (sometimes even cheaper) a modchip will cost you about £10 - £15 at the most....

and 50 back up games will cost you nothing.
nice friend, he is trying to rip you off.

Yeah, I'd say that price is too high.

Anyway, I recently picked up a Saturn. I'm pretty happy with it, but don't expect much in the way of RPGs. A lot of the greats (Grandia, Lunars..) never got translated. Albert Odyssey was pretty fun, but not great. Then there's Panzer Dragoon Saga, Magic Knight Rayearth, the Shining games, Mystaria, and maybe a couple others. I haven't tried any of those yet.

By the way, if you don't mind disc-swapping, you don't even need a modchip--just a little piece of tape.

yeh, i looked into the prices and mod chips and all of that - but am exceedingly lazy at the moment, especially having just got the dreamcast, getting the games, getting the cd burning to work on that...an out the box and it works with lots to play is a little tempting...i will ponder further.

Talk the price down. I got my chipped Saturn shipped from New Zealand for less than half that price (with 20 backups and half a dozen originals too).

I got a chipped saturn with VCD card for £40 from a local gamestation so it doesnt hurt to look around or at least negotiate.

yeh, i didnt buy it in the end - but having being buying cheap japanese games on ebay - quite a nice collection building up now, so all i need is something to play them on and i will be off...

Back