"by far the most powerful handheld in the world?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"By far the most powerful handheld in the world"

This was written LOONNGG before the new iphone was released. Everyday an improved version of something is released.. Stop whining. Google "nvidia tegra" btw..

Oh, the iphone has a cortex a-9? since when? lolz

nikkopt said:
"By far the most powerful handheld in the world"

This was written LOONNGG before the new iphone was released. Everyday an improved version of something is released.. Stop whining.
Take down the outdated claim from the official website, and I will.

Oh, the iphone has a cortex a-9? since when? lolz
The iPhone 3Gs has the ARM Cortex A8 - 600 Mhz, just like the Pandora.

Holy crap, does this Chad douche have no life? I mean, to get banned on gp32x, then come over here just to be an internet asshole. Seriously, if you can't get a chick, buy a hooker (I'll toss in $20 for that) and stop being an anal retentive internet-retard.

As for the above, yes, the iPhone is not a hand held.

Edit: It's almost like his life is so non-existent that he's been sitting there waiting for comparable hardware to come out, so he'd have (what he thought) was a relevant and justified point. Duh there genius, they aren't just selling this hardware to OP, of *course* other products would have it. What a useless venture for you to waste your time pointing out to those who already knew this. Bravo. (dim people who think they are insightful amuse me, they're like dancing monkeys).

Edit2: There's a difference between feeding a troll, and pointing out how pathetic a troll is as it shakes it's chubby little fists in impotent rage. Troll tears nourish me.

Please don't feed the trolls.

Also; everybody chill. Would you rather the Pandora team spend all their time editing everything they've ever posted on the internet to keep up perfectly with the passing of time, or would you rather they just get this thing finished and into our hands?

I think a lot of people still don't understand what the pandora is. It has been designed for emulation of older systems and consoles as it's primary use, and in this regard it is the most capable device for this purpose designed in a handheld form factor. It also has the potential to have commercial games to be developed for it if it would be lucrative enough for the software companies involved. It is not, however, made by a multinational with guaranteed knowledge that it's dedicated base of trend following peons will suck up every last unit upon it's release, and the financial capability to producing massive quantities of parts. It is being made by a small group of people with a deep love of this scene, and between them they are absolutely capable of making the greatest device of this type that has ever been produced.

:huh: :huh: :huh: -_- -_- -_-
Guys like BackAssward make me feel embarassed to one day own a Pandora.

*wants a crying smiley*

hansfranz said:
Guys like BackAssward make me feel embarassed to one day own a Pandora.

*wants a crying smiley*
Oh please, there are three ways to work with a troll like Chad:

1. You can feed them.
2. You can ignore them.
3. You can rip them a new one to the point that they either leave or capitulate.
Done in a way that is accurate and hits home.

You are either 1 or 2. I chose to fight for all that is good, and I do 3. You might not be able to do 3, but don't hate on the ones who can. Pussy. Simpleton, Douche, and any other adjectives I can think of. Step up or shut up.

Ultimately he's just arguing semantics, a net book can be a handheld. my MP3 player could be a handheld. But the point is context. The pandora is bing marketed mostly as a game player and if you want to talk about games it's only real competition is the PSP and DS, or more accurately the GP2X, Wizz and the Dingoo. The Iphone plays games but they're small casual experiences that in no way equal the true gamin potential in the Pandora the emulators for it as Zottd explained in his blog suffer from a lead ankleweight os, and the pre... does it even HAVE games? or game controls?

The claim is still valid, MODs Lock this thread.

hansfranz said:
Alpha2 said:
The claim is still valid

no, its not.

learn to read.

its not the most powerful handheld anymore.

lol
did you read ANYTHING these people have been kind enough to explain? YOU should learn to read. they said that the iphone and pre don't fit into the category of "handheld" when talking about gaming just as well as any netbook, so you just ignore this and say "it(')s not the most powerful handheld anymore".

The iPhone is not a handheld. (read:gaming device) It is a phone, that has the capacity to play little games.

And in response to the claim that the iPhone is more powerful... how high has it been overclocked to? The 600MHz for the Pandora is a pretty conservative figure. In fact, the processor speed will be easily adjusted for every application. Pandora models have been overclocked to 900MHz. So there is a good chance that most if not each and every production model will be adjustable to somewhere in the 700s.

That isn't even taking the Pandora's more efficient firmware into account.

So the troll loses.

There have been more powerful devices that can be held in your hand for a long time now, depending on your definition of power.. even some UMPCs from an awful long time ago. The quote has been defended before as meaning "gaming handheld", which still holds and I don't consider iPhone or any of the other phones ones until they come up with better gaming controls. But the claim was pretty skewed to begin with, I was never very comfortable with them saying something like that...

If chad isn't satisfied with this then you can be certain he'll be up in arms when the next real revision of PSP or whatever is announced, if Pandora isn't out by then :(

Although if you want to argue SoCs still..

First, the one Anandtech reveals is obviously not OMAP3530. And according to them, it's:

CPU: Rated up to 833MHz vs 600MHz, 32KB/32KB i/dcache vs 16KB/16KB, iPhone wins
DSP: Don't think iPhone has one, OMAP3530 wins
3D: SGX 520 vs SGX 530, unless the clock speed is very different then OMAP3530 wins.. course Anand could be wrong

Chad, you are an idiot :wacko: . the iphone is not a handheld, the only games it has are no better then super nintendo.
"hey my old nokia phone can play tetris, so that makes it a handheld right?".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back