Bye Everyone

I have to admit my confidence is ever so slightly wavering in the face of these reports.

Peace out B-Qux, it was magical while it lasted.

^ Yep. I think it is related to the shock when expectations get confronted with real life. I've inhaled every single bit of information about those quirks posted on the two boards and my confidence is back to normal, now :) Good job, so far and it's steadily getting better. Crackling sound has been fixed too already.

I want to chip in that I completly loved the exteriour of my pandora (Sadly I had a defective volume wheel so I sent it back) however the unit was superb and I am still sad about the fact I had to send it back. My shoulder buttons were spot on as well as my nubs.

Alerino said:
Azure, did you try contacting OpenPandora team. Maybe your unit was shipped before QC was enforced. We are having very different opinions around here. Maybe you should return your unit so they can make it better. Just a thought, there is bias, but we've seen more compliments than woes.

I'm pretty sure it was :) Bad L/R AND DPAD... naaah, that was before we tested them all :)

Last edited:
kaprikawn said:
Interesting. I've just gone into two threads where someone says they're cancelling. The first one the poster got ripped to bits. This is pretty much the same thread and everyone's like 'Sorry to hear that, will miss you' seemingly because of the poster.
Other thread: I've not had any solid form in this community and don't really know any of you, I just wanted to let you know I'm leaving and will never be back.
This thread: I'm a long standing member who has contributed greatly and, although I can no longer afford to wait for my Pandora to arrive, I would like to stick around and contribute further.
Do you see the difference between these two threads and why they may get different reactions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wizard Stan speaks the truth.
This thread is not about BQX telling us all that he's leaving because he thinks that the product is stupid and he hates everyone.
This thread is about BQX telling us that he has to leave, so that we don't all go into that god-damn "That guy? I think he's dead" mindset.

Goodbye BQX, I never spoke to you, but I always appreciated your posts. May your next purchase be a better one for you.

WizardStan said:
kaprikawn said:
Interesting. I've just gone into two threads where someone says they're cancelling. The first one the poster got ripped to bits. This is pretty much the same thread and everyone's like 'Sorry to hear that, will miss you' seemingly because of the poster.
Other thread: I've not had any solid form in this community and don't really know any of you, I just wanted to let you know I'm leaving and will never be back.
This thread: I'm a long standing member who has contributed greatly and, although I can no longer afford to wait for my Pandora to arrive, I would like to stick around and contribute further.
Do you see the difference between these two threads and why they may get different reactions?
I respect your opinion, but I have another take on it. I think there's a clear hierarchy around here. Top of block is the devs. God forbid anyone would criticise or insult a dev lest they get mad, up sticks and take their coding skills elsewhere. Then below that you've got people with high post counts. And bottom is those with low post counts. It seems to be only acceptable to have a go at the bottom group. Do the same to the others and everyone starts jumping to their defense which someone did earlier in this thread and now you're doing the same.

It's just something that really bothers me, I very much doubt anyone would have responded in the same way they responded to me if it had been Gruso or Mali or Exophase who had expressed the same opinion as I. A high post count or the ability to do hello world in C++ does not make you infallable or immune from criticism.

I think this thread is BS and the fact that I haven't got a four figure post count shouldn't invalidate my opinion.

kaprikawn said:
I think this thread is BS and the fact that I haven't got a four figure post count shouldn't invalidate my opinion.
Your low post count doesn't invalidate your opinion. BQX's high post count validates my opinion, however, which is at odds with yours.
BQX has been a long standing member for some time and his post count is evidence of the amount he's contributed. It isn't that we aren't blasting him because he has a high post count; we're not blasting him because we know him, he has become a "friend" in the time he's been here. His post count is nothing more than a symptom of how long he's been a part of the community.
Imagine you have a group of friends. One day some random guy shows up, he's kinda cool so you don't tell him to get lost. The next day he comes by and tells your group he doesn't want to hang out anymore and he's going somewhere else. I don't know about you, but "WTF" runs through my head.
Now you've got the same group of friends, one of whom has to move away for some reason. He says his goodbyes but promises to keep in touch. That's the difference between the two threads.

Azure said:
Some good points

Hi Azure, I think you should look into getting your unit replaced, If I received a unit that fits that description I would be devastated. Your unit does not reflect what I see and feel when using mine and therefore you would have a much better experience if you get the problems sorted out. after all you did wait all this time and you deserve a good Pandora. I wouldn't change mine for the world it's what I dreamed it would be like and that is the honest truth

kaprikawn said:
WizardStan said:
kaprikawn said:
I respect your opinion, but I have another take on it. I think there's a clear hierarchy around here. Top of block is the devs. God forbid anyone would criticise or insult a dev lest they get mad, up sticks and take their coding skills elsewhere. Then below that you've got people with high post counts. And bottom is those with low post counts. It seems to be only acceptable to have a go at the bottom group. Do the same to the others and everyone starts jumping to their defense which someone did earlier in this thread and now you're doing the same.

It's just something that really bothers me, I very much doubt anyone would have responded in the same way they responded to me if it had been Gruso or Mali or Exophase who had expressed the same opinion as I. A high post count or the ability to do hello world in C++ does not make you infallable or immune from criticism.

You were corrected, not criticized.

I actually don't remember him contributing as much as everyone has said, just asking for DS emulators... But oh well, what do I know, I only ever ask stuff, and barley even go on here anymore :)

Tokiopop said:
I actually don't remember him contributing as much as everyone has said, just asking for DS emulators... But oh well, what do I know, I only ever ask stuff, and barley even go on here anymore :)

Yes, and he pushed the conversations along so we could get somewhere...

Arrrgggh Borg... Where ya going??? come back... :(

Oh well, another one has gone...

Im one more up the queue (probably) but one down on non gender specific Pandorians (If thats the PC correct term for a non specific profile)!

Tarra person!

Oh, I came in too late...

Well, not much point in reviving this thread now, I guess, but I have already seen it so I am obliged to say it.

Bye bye, Borgqueen X! And in case you do see this remember, you will always be a GP32X member, pandorian or not. (Unless you screw out with the mods, but that's a whole different story.) See ya!

Back