C4A Competition, Starting from September!

Why do you split WB and MHT to rank 2 and 3, but following same-score-happenings at the same rank splitted with a,b and c? Did you sort this a,b,c like you sorted WB and MHT based on the ranks in the games?
Its explained in the post.
No, it isn't. Or at least I can't find it. You explain why you put WB and MTH on rank two and three (which makes sense), but not why you didn't the same for the other ranks.
However it is not really important, I was just curious. ;)

Congratulations to the top three and all hail to our new overlord MAT.

No, it isn't. Or at least I can't find it. You explain why you put WB and MTH on rank two and three (which makes sense), but not why you didn't the same for the other ranks.
I explained in brackets. WB was 3rd because he only secured a score in one game, while MHT managed to get a score in 2 games, so my way of thinking is that it makes sense to reward the one who has scored in two areas versus a single one. Therefore I put MHT ahead of WB. For the others where there was no distinction, it was because they had only secured a single score in a single game anyway.  

I explained in brackets. WB was 3rd because he only secured a score in one game, while MHT managed to get a score in 2 games, so my way of thinking is that it makes sense to reward the one who has scored in two areas versus a single one. Therefore I put MHT ahead of WB.
I know. I re-explained it. Twice.
For the others where there was no distinction, it was because they had only secured a single score in a single game anyway.
Ah! There is the explanation I was missing, Thank you. :)

oh look, 1st place in A7xpg and Not Pacman so far.

I wonder how long that will last :p

I am coming in fast!

I almost finished the entire mini slug game, the astroid field finished me tho. I lost 7! Lives against that stupid plane  :angry: . Guess once i remembered the shooting pattern i could finish the game in one credit. 

Oh yea FIQ, your are on the 3rd place of Notpacman now  B) . The 12s Top is pretty much nuts, I could not even do that without ghosts.

Oh A7xgp score refuses to upload for me. That is Annoying...

If that is the problem that would be sad. Because that would mean there was an older score that is better than what i tried for an hour. 

And i dont even remember making it....

Ill try later.

So

Asmo as a -8 in not pacman

Elw3 almost 60k in Minislug project

and Mat almost 500k in A7Xpg.

Wow! Those are crazy score that will be hard to beat!!!

-8? :blink:

What? What?

The day that time itself broke. 

How do you actually reduce time? Eating points or eating ghosts? 

So I just landed on a -7.6 in Not Pacman which somehow was rounded to -8. I actually had -30 at one point at that round, but was too slow at collecting all the pellets. D:

Dat tie, but why not more precise numbers? c4a doesn't support floats or?

I think we can declare the a7x winner already unless some people can match that score :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh! I think a few more seconds could be squeezed from Not Pacman, but it's going to take a lot of coffee and concentration..

Matti1234, are you using D-Pad, nub or a joystick in A7Xpg? I find that I know what I want the ship to do, but the D-Pad just fails me for sudden flips and turns. I keep getting 'stuck' on the border or failing to do U-turns accurately with it. The kind of game, like Metal Slug too, that a solid stubby industrial strength joystick would really suit, so you could really abuse it.

I'm using the d-pad.

I'm not a big fan nubs, not even on normal gamepads. It's too easy to accidentally go up-left when you try to go left and so on.

I also get stuck to the border sometimes but that doesn't happen often. I think it's only happened to me once this month and I've already spent several hours playing it (took that long just to beat my previous hiscore, maybe I should have just cleared the game's appdata folder). Not sure why that happens though.

Back