Caanoo / WIZ Caanoo And Gstreamer

Patches

Still Fresh
Has anyone else noticed that the GPH SDK for Caanoo includes gstreamer, but the firmware doesn't include it?

What would be the best way for me to get gstreamer libs on the Caanoo? I'm thinking an -rpath flag to GCC, but what's a sensible place to put it?

Patches said:
Has anyone else noticed that the GPH SDK for Caanoo includes gstreamer, but the firmware doesn't include it?

What would be the best way for me to get gstreamer libs on the Caanoo? I'm thinking an -rpath flag to GCC, but what's a sensible place to put it?

i think ld_library_path has ./ as in it so just place it in the same directory as your executable when using the libs. Otherwise you could always add a gpe script to launch your executable change the ld_library_path and then set it back afterwards to the original not that its needed to do that though since ./ is in it;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd be very interested in performance of gstreamer on the caanoo.

i've implemented a gstreamer backend for audiorace on the pandora that enables mp3 support - and with gstreamer i hopefully could support that on the caanoo, too. please let me/us know about your gstreamer experiences :)

Back