Caanoo At E3

Hooka said:
Can somebody clarify something for me... are they expecting us to just use generic usb wifi adaptors, or is there actually going to be a wifi adaptor for both Wiz and Caanoo using the ext port?
Apparently they're going to make an adaptor which will work on both the Wiz and the Caanoo, although sbock managed to hack together a very small adaptor here :).
One sec, I'll try and find the pic of the official one...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Zodiac battery wasn't "replaceable", but it could still be replaced easily.

Plus, GPH has a european service centre now, remember? You can probably get it replaced for a small fee there.

Here you go Hooka :)
30bfrxs.png

jkul5e.png

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/46980-wiz-network-adaptor-rendering-shot/
Of course, the design has most likely changed since then (to work for both colsoles, etc).

i dont get the idea building an extra wifi adapter... a simple ext-port -> usb cable and separately sold usb wifi sticks would do the trick, too and would leave it much more open.

thanks quote, been awhile since I saw that picture I was assuming they might have decided to ditch that idea all together... here's hoping they still release atleast something (be it a usb adaptor or a wifi adaptor)

E3 was awesome!!!! There best in years.

I was there and here my little review.

First of all the booth itself was kind of tucked away in the corner and was kind of hard to find as it didn't have the GPH logo on the booth name.

There were like two games on the multiple game station and the two wireless Caanoo's at the front desk.

The build quality was pretty good, and the matte feel felt right. the joystick felt pretty good to and the games where ok.

In short, this is what I would wanted after the GP32.

I'll have my raw pics up when I get home. also there swagg was like a poster, pen and keychain with a little caanoo on it.

Game_over said:
E3 was awesome!!!! There best in years.

I was there and here my little review.

First of all the booth itself was kind of tucked away in the corner and was kind of hard to find as it didn't have the GPH logo on the booth name.

There were like two games on the multiple game station and the two wireless Caanoo's at the front desk.

The build quality was pretty good, and the matte feel felt right. the joystick felt pretty good to and the games where ok.

In short, this is what I would wanted after the GP32.

I'll have my raw pics up when I get home. also there swagg was like a poster, pen and keychain with a little caanoo on it.

I'm really looking forward to any pictures of the device you may have.

Tell me...what do you mean by "wireless"?

Got a release date in Aug? Since there are hardware design changes, I assume it's not 100% backwards compatible with Wiz emulators.

http://www.gpain.com/bbs4/zboard.php?id=notice&no=122

Post in the above link is prepared by GPH guys...

It's written in Korean, but there are some pictures taken at E3 GPH booth. So you can grab a little taste of what it was like in E3....

Thank you very much, I will post this news up on oX.

[quote comments section]Yooseung 9
I also want to drink bleach ㅋ[/quote]
:blink:

quote said:
craigix said:
It needs to be in the Dingoo price range here.
3.5 inch touchscreen, Vibration motor, Accelerometer etc. There's no way this thing could be the same price as the Dingoo.
But yeah, I kinda agree with you. I'd rather it didn't have most of those features, then they could lower the price by a fair amount. Devs won't use the features, they're pretty much just a waste of space and money.

That's just silly. The A320 already exists, there's no reason to make another device that exactly duplicates it.

SONY said:
quote said:
If you really want to, you can open it up I guess. Can you replace the battery on an iPod? No.
I guess that this might be a pain for some people though.

I don't give two f*cks about Apple iPhone/iPod Touch sh*t, because they don't have physical gaming buttons.

I'm just wondering why the Wiz battery is replaceable, but Cannoo isn't? :(

Non replacable batteries let you keep it slim, and the iPod touch is one of the best gaming devices out there. Not all games work perfectly, but SFIV with touch screen is better than playing SFII on the SNES, or SFIII on the PSX. It's not up at real arcade stick level, but it's damn good. Final Fantasy remakes are also better than playing the NES or GBA versions emulated.

I'm Back home- time to play catch up and recuperate.

Coming from the Pandora camp I can say I really am impressed with the handheld, though I honestly feel it's a bit late.

The "wireless" was the two units with the dongle sticking out of it, It's classic Gamepark, in that instance.

A bit off topic- I was one of the first to play the 3ds (also had a hot chick attached to it!) during the Nintendo Press Conference at the Nokia Theater, And at this point That is all I can think of, the 3d is soo good on that thing it is unreal. The nub is more of a slider like the psp but with the Pandora's travel distance, I think the one on the Pandora is better however.

taking 3d images and video should be awesome on that thing as well when it comes out before March of next year.

Slightly reminiscent of the Atari Lynx II. Looking pretty interesting. :)

Come to think of it, it also has a Nokia N8, Intel X3 Moorestown reference design look.

Developer of Asura Cross was also at E3 show, and he posted some pictures on his blog...

http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=byulbram&logNo=100107541220&redirect=Dlog&widgetTypeCall=true

I notice they included a photo of the Homefront billboard. I wonder what they think of that game (Korea vs America war game)

Nova said:
I notice they included a photo of the Homefront billboard. I wonder what they think of that game (Korea vs America war game)

It's between North Korea vs. America, not South Korea. :ph34r:

Back