Caanoo Lcd Size

baconcow

Still Fresh
Does anyone know the size of the Caanoo's LCD screen?

I recently ordered mine and wanted to order a screen protector before too long (unless I can just use one of my several 3DS or DS ones). I am always someone to put screen protectors on touch screen devices (my DS and 3DS). However, I have not seen any size of hte LCD screen anywhere (except 3.5", which is not helpful as I assume that is diagonal). Before I go spending nearly $10 on a screen protector, I was wondering if the 3DS (top or bottom) or DS screen protector could work. I know their dimensions and they are readily found and fairly cheap (especially if bought from places like DE).

On a side note, does anyone have any photographs of the Black/Blue Caanoo in the jelly case? I prefer some soft of protection, even if minimal.

Thanks

baconcow said:
Does anyone know the size of the Caanoo's LCD screen?

I recently ordered mine and wanted to order a screen protector before too long (unless I can just use one of my several 3DS or DS ones). I am always someone to put screen protectors on touch screen devices (my DS and 3DS). However, I have not seen any size of hte LCD screen anywhere (except 3.5", which is not helpful as I assume that is diagonal). Before I go spending nearly $10 on a screen protector, I was wondering if the 3DS (top or bottom) or DS screen protector could work. I know their dimensions and they are readily found and fairly cheap (especially if bought from places like DE).

On a side note, does anyone have any photographs of the Black/Blue Caanoo in the jelly case? I prefer some soft of protection, even if minimal.

Thanks
Here are the measurements (measured by me with a ruler). Please note that I may be off by one tenth of a centimeter.
Diagonal: 3.5in
Height: 5.1cm or 2in
Width: 6.9cm or 2 11/16in

It doesn't look like a DS Lite screen protector would work. Measurements of a DS Lite screen: (again, measured by me)
Diagonal: 3in
Height: 2 7/16in
Width: 1 13/16in

As you can see, the DS Lite screen is much smaller. The Original DS's screen is even smaller than that. (I think)

I don't know about the DSi or 3DS screen dimensions because I have neither of those consoles.

What you could do is find a larger screen protector and cut it down to fit. A friend of mine has done that before; he bought an iPad screen protector and cut it down to fit his PSP's screen. Take care to cut it properly, or else you'll end up with a misshapen screen protector... However, it might not be a good idea to use an iPad screen protector on your Caanoo as iPad screens are conductive and Caanoo screens are resistive. You may be able to use a DSiXL or 3DS screen protector if they're larger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for doing those measurements. The top screen of the 3DS is slightly wider than that of the DS. However, the protectors I have for the top screen are not meant for touch contact. The bottom of the 3DS is *almost* the same size as the DS as I compared two of the protectors together. I will just order the official protector. Thanks. I don't mind minor scratches, but I got a nice gash on my old GB Color and it always annoyed me.

Thanks again.

Com64 said:
As you can see, the DS Lite screen is much smaller. The Original DS's screen is even smaller than that. (I think)

Just for general information's sake, the screen for the original DS and the DS Lite are exactly the same size. The DS Lite has a brighter (better looking) screen, but it's not any bigger.

CFWhitman said:
Com64 said:

Just for general information's sake, the screen for the original DS and the DS Lite are exactly the same size. The DS Lite has a brighter (better looking) screen, but it's not any bigger.
I must have been thinking of the DSi and the DS Lite, or something like that.

Back