Can Anyone Port This Small Bloody 2d Shooter?

Parkydr said:
lobski said:
Awesome, when can we expect a release?
July ;)

Probably sooner actually :)

I've only done the easy bit getting it to run as is, I've not started to really change anything yet. As I said before, there's a lot of hard coded screen positions to change so don't hold your breath.

Excellent, please tell us your progress every now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one! I hope you can get it scaled down and released ;-)
thanks for your attempts.

Well I've scaled down the images, which was easy, but they don't display properly - I've have to start looking through the code.

Another alternative might be to reposition the view port, the soldiers look better at their original size, but I'm not sure if that will interfere with gameplay - I'll just have to try it

Good news - I just resized the viewport and that works pretty well :)
Bad news - when the bullets and blood start flying, the game crawls :(

A game like that struggles? Sounds like it needs some serious optimization! You should be able to run it full speed and play music in the background.

If you can't figure out the slowness, feel free to throw it to me for a quick look :)

Squidge said:
A game like that struggles? Sounds like it needs some serious optimization! You should be able to run it full speed and play music in the background.

If you can't figure out the slowness, feel free to throw it to me for a quick look :)
Thanks, I might do that.

I haven't looked into it yet, the music doesn't seem badly effected may be that's what's getting the CPU - it is the DUMB library after all :)

sounds good. I hope this is going to work well. Great to hear that the viewport idea succeeded.

It's getting there, I've profiled it and I've found a couple of speed ups but I've been away for work.

I might release an alpha version soon to see what people think of the way it's going.

A number of people have reported a black screen (but it also works for a lot of people)

Is there anyone with this problem who can use telnet to have a look for any error messages?

Which firmware are you using?

Please check your installations - the file structure should look like this:

BunkerMaster2X:
bmdata
BunkerMaster2X.gpe
BunkerMaster2X.png
gpl.txt
license.txt
original_readme.txt
README.txt

BunkerMaster2X/bmdata:
bunkermaster
images
music
wave

BunkerMaster2X/bmdata/images:
blood01.bmp
blood02.bmp
blood03.bmp
bunker.bmp
cellosoft.bmp
cross.bmp
dead_enemy_soldier.bmp
dead_friendly_soldier.bmp
enemy_bomb.bmp
enemy_bullet.bmp
enemy_flag.bmp
enemy_soldier.bmp
enemy_soldier_shoot.bmp
enemy_soldier_walk01.bmp
enemy_soldier_walk02.bmp
explosion_01.bmp
fireball.bmp
flagpole.bmp
flagpole_light.bmp
friendly_bomb.bmp
friendly_bullet.bmp
friendly_flag.bmp
friendly_soldier.bmp
friendly_soldier_shoot.bmp
friendly_soldier_walk01.bmp
friendly_soldier_walk02.bmp
grass.bmp
grenade.bmp
item_01.bmp
item_02.bmp
item_03.bmp
item_04.bmp
item_05.bmp
logo.bmp
rocket.bmp
sandbag.bmp
shell.bmp
smoke01.bmp
smoke02.bmp
soil.bmp
stats.bmp
watch_tower.bmp
weapon_01.bmp
weapon_02.bmp
weapon_03.bmp
weapon_04.bmp

BunkerMaster2X/bmdata/music:
music01.xm
music02.xm
music03.xm
music04.xm
music05.xm

BunkerMaster2X/bmdata/wave:
airplane.wav
death.wav
explosion.wav
flame.wav
grenade.wav
item.wav
machine.wav
rocket.wav
switch.wav

The Last Spartan said:
It looks alot like Soldat. Now that would be a great game to port :lol:
Soldat would be alright, but you'd have to cut down on the fancy stuff a lot. And it would have to be based on an earlier version too. Soldat went to hell when they put firing delays on the Baret, Combat Knife and Law. :(

Mr 2X said:
I've also had black screen, then I moved BunkerMaster2X folder to SD root, and it works now.
I don't understand that, I've got it in Games/BunkerMaster2x and there are no absolute paths in the code or scripts

Back