Can Anyone Recommend Some Must Play Mame Games?

Quiest

I like turtles!
Since v1.5 has a frontend, and I paused my work on the minigame project, I really want to get into gpmame now!

But I don`t know any of these old games, the only MAME games I know of won`t work with gpmame :D So, please recommend some good ones!

Genre doesn`t matter!

Thanks!

You will know a lot of the classics like Donkey Kong, Astroids & Space invaders...

Also Try,

Commando
Bionic Commando *without sound and 180mhz if you can*
Gauntlet
Ghosts and Goblins
Rygar
Silkworm
Solomands Key
Speed Ball
The Newzealand Story
Track and Field *Must play*

*grumble* thanks for the suggestions, but I can`t get anything to run, I downloaded some games and used that tutorial on the gpnewbie site to convert them with clrmamepro, but it does not run (tried pacman and mr do and I got the same files listed in the gamelist.txt)...

fitzsteve posted on Aug 14 2005 at 05:55 PM said:
You will know a lot of the classics like Donkey Kong, Astroids & Space invaders...

Also Try,

Commando
Bionic Commando *without sound and 180mhz if you can*
Gauntlet
Ghosts and Goblins
Rygar
Silkworm
Solomands Key
Speed Ball
The Newzealand Story
Track and Field *Must play*

I've just done some changes to the driver for Track and Field and for Hyper Sports, so B is Left, A is Right and Select is "Fire". I hope you approve of this, I think it makes it easier to play.

Also I've made both games work with the joystick, which has enabled me to get some pretty awesome scores (just hope it doesn't break my joystick).

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a similar thing happen to me. I just tried out mame with lunar lander, pacman (midway), and Mr.Do using the guide on gamepark newbie and only Mr.Do worked. The other two gave me errors and said press any key to go back. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or they were just bad roms...

Not sure if I am allowed to say this but I downloaded a pack of MAME GP32 ROMs using eMule. Just do a search for GP32 with category set to archive and there is a file that contains most of the compatible ROMs.

I am happy to delete this post if someone complains.

Using clrmame pro and romcenter I managed to get lunar lander, mr.do!, and track&field to work. I still can't get pacman to work though.

Quiest posted on Aug 14 2005 at 07:19 PM said:
*grumble* thanks for the suggestions, but I can`t get anything to run, I downloaded some games and used that tutorial on the gpnewbie site to convert them with clrmamepro, but it does not run (tried pacman and mr do and I got the same files listed in the gamelist.txt)...

If you're still struggling Quiest, then try this guide which uses the .dat file from the GP32 zip/rar fxe file to recreate a list of roms that should work for 0.34 i.e. GP32 Mame

http://newbie.gp32x.de/gp32/mame.htm

thegrimreaper posted on Aug 17 2005 at 08:11 PM said:
Quiest posted on Aug 14 2005 at 07:19 PM said:

If you're still struggling Quiest, then try this guide which uses the .dat file from the GP32 zip/rar fxe file to recreate a list of roms that should work for 0.34 i.e. GP32 Mame

http://newbie.gp32x.de/gp32/mame.htm

Uh, isn't that the one he said he used? I would recommend getting romcenter and using it with clrmamepro to find out which ones are working. It took me awhile to figure it out but now I got most games working, and I've only had one game (joust :( ) that romcenter said should work and didn't (but quite a few that it said wouldn't work (and didn't work) even using clrmamepro). But it still probably wasn't because of romcenter, it was probably the rom itself or the emulator.

Has anybody tryed out "Crush Roller" running on Version 1.5? I'd love to play this "Pac Man"-Type-Game but can't get it work. The question is, is it supposed to work with 1.5 or must I hope for the next version.

One word to the programmers:Keep up the great work guys - GPMAME is one reason while I would never give away my GP32! I thought there will be never a MAME-port possible on that machine after some people tryed.

Thanks,

mr.white

raven posted on Aug 18 2005 at 08:49 PM said:
mr.white posted on Aug 18 2005 at 09:38 PM said:
Has anybody tryed out "Crush Roller" running on Version 1.5? I'd love to play this "Pac Man"-Type-Game but can't get it work.
Just tested it and it's working just fine.

Your are a lucky man - I wish I would own your SMC :) . I've tryed now 15 different rom-sets (the clones "Make Trax "as well) none of them worked. I also used clrmamepro with the instruction from http://newbie.gp32x.de/gp32/mame.htm.

Well I guess I make something terrible wrong or didn't find the only one working rom-set.

mr.white

mr.white posted on Aug 19 2005 at 12:23 AM said:
Your are a lucky man - I wish I would own your SMC :) . I've tryed now 15 different rom-sets (the clones "Make Trax "as well) none of them worked. I also used clrmamepro with the instruction from http://newbie.gp32x.de/gp32/mame.htm.

Well I guess I make something terrible wrong or didn't find the only one working rom-set.

Give RomCenter a try. It does roughy the same as ClrMamePro but is easier to use. You can even use the dat file supplied with Mame GP32.

:)

GA01 posted on Aug 19 2005 at 08:58 AM said:
mr.white posted on Aug 19 2005 at 12:23 AM said:

Give RomCenter a try. It does roughy the same as ClrMamePro but is easier to use. You can even use the dat file supplied with Mame GP32.

:)

@GA01:

I've tryed out both but without any success. Now, with some community-members from here I've got work - finaly. Thanks again!

I don't know why but I love this game (Crush Roller) and allready wasted four 2100 mAh batteries with it :)

Thanks,

mr.white

Back