Can I Wee In My Gp2x

foleyjo

I saw a few Wii 4gb SD card in a local shop for £10 today. Are these SD cards workable in a GP2X or are they a special sort just for the Wii :unsure:

I dont want to buy them if I cant use them

Jesus, buy loads! Even if you dont want them, we'll buy em off you for 10 quid!

I dread to think what the wii emulators will be called :p

Thunderchild said:
What shop and where!!! I wants some NOW!!!!
it was Gamestation in middlesbrough.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're just normal SD cards. The Wii does not require any kind of special card, those are just ripoffs sold to people who don't know what they need.

yalborap said:
They're just normal SD cards. The Wii does not require any kind of special card, those are just ripoffs sold to people who don't know what they need.
Thats the answer I was hoping for. guy in the shop said they would only work on the wii but I didnt think he knew for sure.

Thanks

At least buy one to check what speed they are (If it doesnt say on the package). Really cheap cards.

yalborap said:

Well if they really are 4gb then at £10 they're incredibly cheap and not a ripoff, and I'd guess the reason they're sold as wii cards is because the wii can't handle sdhc so anyone buying a 4gb sd card for a wii needs to be careful.

That's a great price, what's that, less than $20? I paid almost that much for a 512MB, albeit one year ago.

There was no packaging and they were in the 2nd hand cabinet. Still cheap though. I hope they have them still when I go back in

they could be 4gigabit and not gigabytes... for a tenner... id be HIGHLY suspicious

i lived in the boro for 6 months. place is a hole :) teeside aint no better =)

Bugger it turns out that they are no longer there and nw theres some 2gb ones for £20 in the same place. I think someone may have bought them and made them realise their mistake

foleyjo said:
Thunderchild said:
What shop and where!!! I wants some NOW!!!!
it was Gamestation in middlesbrough.

tim0391 said:
sweet that where i live!!!! B)

foleyjo said:
Bugger it turns out that they are no longer there and nw theres some 2gb ones for £20 in the same place. I think someone may have bought them and made them realise their mistake
I see a story in the making!!!

*looks at tim0391 suspiciously*

On the subject of cheap 4GB SD cards, not sure if I'm looking in the wrong place but its really hard to find cheap 4gb sd cards that aren't SDHC. In fact its hard to find them at any price via my usual sites (such as 7dayshopper, mobymemory etc)

Oddly 4gb SDHC are now really cheap (cheaper than non-HC) and even 8gb SDHC cards are reasonable (but currently useless for us).

Anybody in the UK found a good source of online (ie not dodgy shop :p ) 4GB SD cards?

Back