Release Candy Crisis

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is Candy Crisis, a clone of Puyo Puyo
preview1.png

This build is mostly untouched sources (based on latest 1.4 windows version), just compiled for Linux, using SDL2 with gl4es and fmodSDL_sound for sound and music.

The sources are now on my github account: https://github.com/ptitSeb/CandyCrisis

History log
========

Build 02
------------

• Use SDL_sound instead of FMod
Build 01
------------

• Initial build

Last edited:
This is so cool. I played this clone so much on my cousin's Mac. Thank you.

Thanks, works well. I needed to stop my music player from hogging alsa before it would start (otherwise there was some sort of fmod error in the logs), but once I'd fixed that it comes across like a good version of the game. I like the 80s style music especially!

Also, I've noticed keyboard control changes don't get saved.

I've also wondered if it'd be a more compatible port if the keyboard adjustments were done that way. As is, A/D are the default left and right and work as well as left and right on the d-pad in 1 player mode, but your adjustment seems to turn off in 2 player mode, since left and right become the 2p controls in that mode.

Also, I'd be eternally grateful (as if I am not already!) if you could enable keyboard control for the main menu, since my nubs are rather sluggish on my tv-out only unit, but I appreciate that would probably be a bit of work to make compatible with the mouse, so ignore this if you don't feel like it.

I haven't added C4A or improved the menu, but I have create a repo for this one on my github account.
Also, I added some code to avoid FMod by using SDL_sound (also on my github account).

The new build is on the repo.

Build 02
------------

• Use SDL_sound instead of FMod

Back