Cannot access SMC - please help

V0ID

Still Fresh
I just tried to delete a folder on my SMC but an error message (process error or something similar) came up on my GP32's screen so I stopped the deletion process and now cannot access any files on my SMC when in linkmode. They seem to still be there as the used size and free size are the same as they were before I encountered this problem. Also, when I go into GAME I get the message "SMC is not inserted or no game exists".

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me with this problem.

Thanks.

V0ID

when you enter linkmode and the smc is not detected, there is a option to recover the smc. does this help?

I can enter linkmode but can't see any files installed on the SMC. However, it appears that they are still there as the used size and free size are the same as they were before I encountered this problem.

Yes, the SMC is in the right way and has been working perfectly up until today.

Go into link mode on the GP32 without connecting the usb cable.
A USB ERROR should come up, Follow the on screen prompts to
recover SMC.

See if that helps. :)

Trooper

Thank you for the advice trooper but infortunately it didn't help :(

Looks like the only thing I can do is format the SMC and loose everything, unless someone can offer a solution...

Are your batteries charged?? My link software couldnt detect my SMC and it turned out to be the batteries were toooo flat... :blink:

I'll change the batteries but I doubt it will help. I can connect to my GP32 but nothing on the SMC shows up and I know it's there because the space is still used.

Back