"smc Not Inserted" Problem

Deserthamster

Still Fresh
I currently own 2 gp32_console `s a standard model and a BLU. The problem is my standard gp32_console keeps coming up with the message "SMC is not inserted or no game exists Press B to cancel".

The SMC cards once worked fine in it but now none of the will recognise them when trying to load emulators. It plays mp3`s and movies fine and the SMC`s work perfectly in my BLU gp32_console. The only thing i can think of is that it`s something to do with the original firmware installed from the Lik-sang website.

Can someone please help ?

TIA.

BTW! i have no problems transferring files using pc-link and i have also formatted the smc`s several times,to see if that fixes it.

how many bad blocks does the SMC have ?.

You can find this out when formatting with slubman`s commander or doing a SMC recovery in the original firmware.

There is a small chance that the card could be on it`s last legs, Could be.

Trooper

trooper posted on May 21 2005 at 04:21 PM said:
how many bad blocks does the SMC have ?.

You can find this out when formatting with slubman`s commander or doing a SMC recovery in the original firmware.

There is a small chance that the card could be on it`s last legs, Could be.

Trooper

The SMC recovery reports 0 bad blocks. I have 3 smc`s and all appear to be in perfect working order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have freelauncher?

:)

BLUs don't need freelauncher, but if you have games that need to be put into the GPMM directory, and you have the old Korean firmware (more common on non-blus), you need freelauncher.

...or another firmware, but freelauncher's easier to get.

Drag posted on May 21 2005 at 07:42 PM said:

BLUs don't need freelauncher, but if you have games that need to be put into the GPMM directory, and you have the old Korean firmware (more common on non-blus), you need freelauncher.

Yes i installed freelauncher when i first purchased my old GP32 nearly 2 years ago, as i have already stated the SMC`s originally worked in it, but recently the SMC`s refuse to load games/emulators even though they still work perfectly in my BLU. I`m also unable to update the firmware on my old gp32 because of this problem.

Deserthamster posted on May 22 2005 at 12:27 PM said:
Drag posted on May 21 2005 at 07:42 PM said:

Yes i installed freelauncher when i first purchased my old GP32 nearly 2 years ago, as i have already stated the SMC`s originally worked in it, but recently the SMC`s refuse to load games/emulators even though they still work perfectly in my BLU. I`m also unable to update the firmware on my old gp32 because of this problem.
I had that problem too with one of my 2 cards, but when I cleaned it it worked fine :D.

This sometimes happens to me too as I have had a single 128MB SMC for about two years now. Usually I just take it out, blow off the "dust" (not any visible though as the card is almost always in the GP32) and stick it in again, firmly and to be sure that it "sits" just as it should. Then it always gets detected again. Hmm.

[/quote]
I had that problem too with one of my 2 cards, but when I cleaned it it worked fine :D.
[/quote]

I`m 99.999% convinced that my SMC`s are not at fault, my old gp32 has the same problem with brand new SMC`s.

Maybe when you put the game on the smc, it got encrypted for your BLU's id, which'll make it not work on any other gp32.

Damn.. I'm getting this same problem on my brand new SMC. I can only imagine that I messed up a transfer somewhere down the line and screwed it up, but I can't get anything to show at all..

I don't have a cardreader to use, and pc-link refuses to format my card. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Back