Can't Find Good Snes Emulator

apgunner

Still Fresh
I need some help I have been lookin everywhere for an snes emulator to run my roms but have failed to find one that has good speed and good sound. Its either no sound and good speed or bad speed and crappy sound. Anyone know of a SNES emulator that works good. I know of a bunch of them for psp but none for gp2x. A link to one would be nice to but a name is ok.

ok that doesn't play very well any others if thats it then thats really sad.

apgunner posted on Oct 3 2006 at 08:59 PM said:
It plays most SNES games fullspeed with sound when overclocked to 270mHz. Maybe you haven't set it up properly?

Last edited by a moderator:
apgunner posted on Oct 3 2006 at 06:59 PM said:

It is sad, and it is true. Im not overclocking my gp2x anywhere over 250 mhz....We`ll just have to wait and hope a faster emulator shows up. But us beggars cant be choosers

when i set my gp2x over 270 it freezes atleast with that cpu tweaker it freezes

apgunner posted on Oct 4 2006 at 02:41 AM said:
when i set my gp2x over 270 it freezes atleast with that cpu tweaker it freezes
Then don't set it over 270 :p
Mine only goes to 266

BTW, I don't really play snes on my gp2x (in fact, I haven't touched my gp2x in over a month :eek: ) but I remember trying it and finding that it could play most games quite well.

i thought the gp2x had two cores at 200 mhz each. Y doesn't anyone use the second core? im sure you could get alot faster emulation with it

apgunner posted on Oct 3 2006 at 11:05 PM said:
i thought the gp2x had two cores at 200 mhz each. Y doesn't anyone use the second core? im sure you could get alot faster emulation with it
:lol: YOU KNOW, I'M GLAD YOU THOUGHT OF THAT! I'm sure all the devs have just been absent-minded lately.

iignotus posted on Oct 3 2006 at 11:41 PM said:
apgunner posted on Oct 3 2006 at 11:05 PM said:
:lol: YOU KNOW, I'M GLAD YOU THOUGHT OF THAT! I'm sure all the devs have just been absent-minded lately.
lol I was gonna write something similar :lol:

With the latest SquidgeSNES at 275mhz and the new RAM tweakings, I run about 85+% of SNES games at fullspeed with sound, even intensive stuff like New Ninja Warriors. Shouldn't be much different at 266mhz.

Look at the RAM tweak thread in the main forum to see example scripts, grab the v2 cpu_speed utility and go nuts.

nkSNES is about 30% slower but has better compatibility -- overclocked it's still fullspeed on many games.

Have you even fiddled with settings like auto-frameskip?

[btw, yes, even better SNES emulation will come out eventually]

What's this Squidgesnes SE I've seen someone mention? is it another update to squidgesnes on the way? If it's true where has Squidge said this?

It was in a thread about a month ago. He let slip a hinting of it and that it was running at 100fps or something. :D

In anycase that's coming when it comes... but it should hopefully be the answer to SNES emulation on the GP2X when it's ready. :)

and the current solution is to overclock :) most games are fullspeed with a little overclocking. :)

When the new version gets released, Squidge will be "da man". Looking forward to playing games like Tetris Attack at full speed without jerky graphics (framerate needs to be higher for full speed, even when overclocked).

It's a shame it doesn't run may favourite game on the SNES, Starfox. But I am guessing that's because Starfox had extra hardware in the cartridge for the 3D engine of the game :unsure:

Back