Can't Send Files to Pandora via Bluetooth?

I'm unable to send files to my Pandora via Bluetooth right now. The sending computer simply says "unknown error" when I try. Does anybody else have this experience? Should I watch out for version incompatibilities between Pandora and host system? Not really sure where to begin debugging this one, wondering if it's a known and general problem.

On my desktop-pc running Debian Squeeze and on my netbook running eeebuntu (a flavour of Ubuntu Jaunty) i've got the same problem when trying to send or receive files from/to the Pandora.

Sending/receiving over bluetooth from desktop-pc to netbook (and vice/versa) works fine.

My guess: maybe some files (OBEX?) are missing in the Pandora-OS?

I didn't investigate further, because i mainly use ssh to transfer files to/from my Pandora.

How can you set up the Bluetooth-File-Transfer with Win7 anyway?

A was able to set up the Pandora as a "Bluetooth-Network-Device"(translated from German)

and i established a connection succesfully.

But the only Drivers installed were "AV Remote Control Target", "AV Source", "Headset AG" an "Remote Control".

I find nu clue how to share files between the two devices.

Edit:

I could share files in the Pandora --> Win7 direction, not the way around.

How can I share files the Win7 --> Pandora direction (wlan is not a way) ???

Last edited by a moderator:
How can I share files the Win7 --> Pandora direction (wlan is not a way) ???
Maybe then you can use the sd-mass-storage- or usb-networking-mode of your Pandora.

Since i don't use windows i can't help you on this, but searching the forums might get you going.

I was agreeing with the original posters topic, in that you can send files from Pandora via BT but you cant seem to receive them. Something isn't right.

Since i don't use windows i can't help you on this, but searching the forums might get you going.

So do I, but it's my Working Laptop and I did it in my lunchbreak ;)

So nobody has an idea how to settle this with Win7 ?

I'll try it on my Ubuntu Maschine tonight...

i'm having the same problem. i just got my pandora today and i was trying to transfer pnds via bluetooth. i got the devices to see each other and connect but can't transfer files from ubuntu to it. i'll take a guess at what is wrong: maybe the BT file transfer package was not included. (wasn't included for ubuntu) i bet i'm wrong but it is my best guess so far.

Looking into the Bluetooth documentation, I think we might be missing the OBEX utilities in the default install. Haven't had a chance to work very far into it though.

I'd appreciate if anybody with time could check into Bluez and OBEX. Feel free to open a tracking bug at bugs.openpandora.org.

how do I send a file via bluetooth from the pandora ?

I just can't figure it out , I have the other device already

found and conncted(I believe)

This util should make it work. Couldn't get the configure directory option to work, so if you want to change the directory files are saved to, remove appdata/btrecv and it'll ask you next time you toggle enable/disable.

how do I send a file via bluetooth from the pandora ?

I just can't figure it out , I have the other device already

found and conncted(I believe)

If BT is on, you should just click the icon on the panel and either :

choose the already paired device from the list and push left to bring 2 options >browse files, send files. You then choose the file and it should send, needing acceptance on the other device.

Or click the icon and at the top of list is 'send files to device'. Choose the file via the file browser, then it will open a window listing all found BT devices and you then choose your target. Again it should send after acceptance on the other device.

Receiving files via slaeshjag's daemon is similar, except the Pandora does not prompt for acceptance of the file, or notify you that it has been received. It just does it silently!

Back