Card Readers In Printers

Hawkez

Still Fresh
Hey, I was just curious if anyone knows if the printers that have multicard reader built in work just like a regular multicard reader. My wife wants to get an HP printer that has one built into it. Does anyone have one that uses it to transfer files to GP32? Anyway, still looking for help with my other problem in this topic: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=19665 Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
The multi-card reader in my HP all-in-one printer works just like a standard USB multi-card reader, I'm 99% sure you don't even need the printer turned on but I'd have to check to be positive. :)
It's nice to read that you've re-discovered your GP32. I'm a relative newbie and I'm finding it hard to put down for 5mins. gp32_console
My wife doesn't understand my excitement at all - Not even when I showed her Doom running the Duke Nukem WAD! Women? Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em. ;)

I have an HP Photosmart 7350, which has the built-in card slots like you speak of. I connect the thing using USB (I know my computer has 2.0, but I don't know if this printer supports 2.0 or not..). To answer your question, yes, I have used those to transfer files onto and off of my GP32's SMC. BUT at least with my model, it's very slow... like no faster than the GPmanager software that comes with a GP32.

So yes, you can use it for that, but, if other printers are like mine, be prepared for a wait.

Thanks alot, that is good to know. I didn't want to add a card reader when I was getting a new printer soon anyway. Plus I am now living in Australai an instead fo Like $7 for a card reader they are like $30 here.

Back