Case Mods

Don't forget that metal case will shield out wireless antenna! So at least some antenna cover must be from wood, leather, (organic)glass or so.

Metal Case would be perfect, especialy when looking like the Tapwave Zodiac. :)
But I think the Main Problem is that the Pandora PCB isn't made for usage in a Metal Case so we will have Short Circuits very quickly I think. ;)

@fusion_power: I don't think that mod will make some so dumb to don't care about short circuit :) I can imagine how to make metal case. Some insulation is need for sure and some board fixation (ie by wood slip). And that antenna issue. Dark glass cover for antenna would be nice.

peca said:
@fusion_power: I don't think that mod will make some so dumb to don't care about short circuit :) I can imagine how to make metal case. Some insulation is need for sure and some board fixation (ie by wood slip). And that antenna issue. Dark glass cover for antenna would be nice.

All you'd need to do is line the inside of the case a sheet of plastic, not wood. And use a plastic bezel on the front side of the display with the antenna behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, this guy made a titanium backplate for his iPhone.

It's made out of a special titanium alloy that is RF transparent.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/24/iphone-3gs-mod-ditches-plastic-cover-in-favor-of-titanium-vestme/

I would love to have a titanium pandora. :D

craigix said:
Yes we will sell the 'final' cases and all case parts on the website once they are 100%.

I'm one of those people who throws things about a bit, my phone is all scratched etc. so I don't mind an imperfect case.

As I said before, my current plan is to make a mold of the case then cast one out of chocolate.

Rathum said:
As I said before, my current plan is to make a mold of the case then cast one out of chocolate.
What about casting one from soap, too? Then the Pandora will become even more multi-purpose! :D

Prometheus said:
Rathum said:
What about casting one from soap, too? Then the Pandora will become even more multi-purpose! :D

DUUUDE! That link just made my day :p
I'll brb, have some soaps to order..

Prometheus said:
Rathum said:

Imagine waking up in the morning and washing up with Mountain Dew. What a FTW way start to the day.

Wow... just... wow.

I think I know what to get my roommate for her birthday. I don't even know how she feels about shampoo, but d*mn does she love the Dew.

i have an idea, make the whole case out of plutonium and put the electronics in the battery space to transfer the nuclear decay into power for the pandora. the pandora would in theory last 200 years without running out of power althoug even a small amount of plutonium may work.

one thing i really wanna see is a hydrogen fuel cell powered pandora. u can but hydrogen RC cars off ebay so i may make one or a Hydrogen charger for the pandora thats if i cba.

Back