Cases

PoisonedV

Yeah, I'm a GIRL gamer, what of it?
Website
Visit site
I know cases have been brought up in several events. I just think that everyone should post about what case they use, if any, and it can be a definate resource thread.

And before you rant about how I made too many topics today, this is only my second or third topic today.

PoisonedV posted on Oct 27 2006 at 11:20 PM said:
I know cases have been brought up in several events. I just think that everyone should post about what case they use, if any, and it can be a definate resource thread.

I applaud your enthusiasm, but you may want to calm down with the topics .. this has been discussed many³ times, and no one can agree on the 'perfect case' because it doesn't exist­. Opinions vary, as do the dozens of available carrying cases ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, sorry. I broke my foot the other day so all I had to do was be at the computer and I get bored so I go on posting sprees

I picked up a digital camera case for mine today. It's got a few seperate compartments, and it large enough to hold an 8ft Svideo-A/V cable, Power supply, and some extra batteries. I got it at biggs for $10

I got the original one, and although I wouldn't say it sucks, it ain't perfect either. For starters, there's no room for extra batteries inside the case, which is why I had to make some from kydex. And then there's no room for the USB cable either. And the silly little net thingie inside the case sat on top of a protrusion, but on the inside, so it wouldn't "seal" flush with the case, but leave a gap of a couple of millimeters so your SD card cases wouldn't stay inside. Fixed that with super glue and a screwdriver though, at least *that part* of the case was fixable...

Other than that, it's not super rugged; I wouldn't drive a car over it with the gp2x or any other valuable inside, then again I wouldn't do that with a steel case either... ;) It's strong enough for its intended purpose, but that's about all it has going for it.

Nighty posted on Oct 28 2006 at 02:59 PM said:
I got the original one, and although I wouldn't say it sucks, it ain't perfect either. For starters, there's no room for extra batteries inside the case, which is why I had to make some from kydex. And then there's no room for the USB cable either. And the silly little net thingie inside the case sat on top of a protrusion, but on the inside, so it wouldn't "seal" flush with the case, but leave a gap of a couple of millimeters so your SD card cases wouldn't stay inside. Fixed that with super glue and a screwdriver though, at least *that part* of the case was fixable...

Other than that, it's not super rugged; I wouldn't drive a car over it with the gp2x or any other valuable inside, then again I wouldn't do that with a steel case either... ;) It's strong enough for its intended purpose, but that's about all it has going for it.

Yeah; You're right.

I really hate that there's no room for batteries inside the case and the Net is almost good for nothing because on the bottom of the Net is the LCD GP2X Screen.

If anyone wants the official case well is not ugly and it works but it has some flaws.

It would be Good if they do another official case with room insie for batteries,Sd and cables; also i would be very happy if it has a Gp2x Stand so i can watch my movies from a good angle without holding the gp2x in my hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hardly ever bring my GP2X outside so I don't really have a need for one, but when I do I use a PSP case I got for free when ordering an AC cable from a local supplier. It works okay, a little tight, but OK. A DS case would be a better choice I reckon, but as I said, I really don't need one except while traveling.

The offical case was not what I expected...
I thought it was made out of Wet Suit material and wouldnt do the joystick any justice, but its a fairly solid plastic.

Only problem I have is that it is a tad bit thick so it only just fits in my pocket now.

Cases for the original GBA are very good. I have 2 laying around and they are great. They kind of worry me about the joystick though. And I have absolutely no idea what these 2 velcro straps are for on it.

I use the official GP2X case but it sucks. Although it accomodates the battery compartment it still isn't long enough to comfortably fit the unit. In front of where the screen would be, there's a little mesh pocket to fit SD cards or whatever. The material is so coarse I worry about it scratching the screen so I always put a microfiber cloth over the screen when I close the case.

I've been keeping my eyes open for a case for a while now. Tonight, I came across (and purchased) what seems to be an ideal case:

Link to Case for GP2X

Gamestop (USA store, sorry Brits et al) makes this case for use with the Nintendo DS. However, our beloved GP2X fits into it perfectly. There's room for earphones, a USB cable, extra SD cards, and extra batteries.Plus, it's only $9.99. Great price. Here are a couple of shot of my baby in her new home:

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

That little bag hanging off to the side is a Gamestop PSP polishing cloth. Couldn't resist. It's only $1.99.

So, I'm happy to present a case that works well, is standard, and is easy accessible to most US citizens.

saehn

Hey that case looks great;To Bad that i don't live in the US.

I think that i will be going to the States in the end of November or December so i will be doing a stop at Gamestop and look for that case. and the polishing cloth.

Back