Cave Story On Wiz?

sebas215

Still Fresh
Just wondering if you could play it on the wiz because I saw a gp2x version. But what folder am I supposed to put it in if it works

No. You need source code for a port. Pixel, the coder of cave story, only gives the source to those he deems worthy (we got very lucky indeed with the gp2x version).
With the upcoming WiiWare version, the source code will be even harder to get.

And there was a thread about this not too long ago. Please use the search function.

quote said:
No. You need source code for a port. Pixel, the coder of cave story, only gives the source to those he deems worthy (we got very lucky indeed with the gp2x version).
With the upcoming WiiWare version, the source code will be even harder to get.

And there was a thread about this not too long ago. Please use the search function.

I still don't understand why pixel doesn't want people to enjoy cave story on other consoles. Yes he has the right to do whatever he wants with the game he coded, but it seems like he's hoarding it just because he can. It's not like he's getting rich off of it. This would be like me buying an XL pizza and not eating all of it. Then I see you starving and dying for a slice of pizza. Instead of being nice and allowing you to have a slice, I just decide to put the rest of the pizza in the refrigerator and let it sit there forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, he's going to be profiting from the Wii version.
If he'd given out the source to anyone, it would have already been ported.

Ah, well you're probably right about the Wii version. Even so, there are Wiz users that are capable programmers. Someone should ask about it and see if he'd give them the source, since it's already on the GP2X. The worst that could happen to that person is being told no. It'd probably have to be someone that could prove they've made several things or ported several things on the Wiz. Since they have to be deemed worthy.

Fair point, I'm not sure anyone's actually asked him for it specifically for the Wiz.
It's worth a try.

Back