Cave Story pre-wrapped in Ginge?

second exodous

Advanced Member
I remember this being talked about but looking through the 3 places to find games for Pandora turns up nothing and a search on here for 'cave story' turns up noting. I swear someone pre-wrapped it. Anyone have it?

Ah, ok, I thought it might be something like that.

Is there any documentation on ginge? I'm thinking it is in the pnd file but I don't have my Pandora yet, it ships tomorrow, wow, weird saying that. Anyway, I'm getting my SD card ready and I'm finding out there is little documentation on the emulators that I can find. If the documentation is in the pnd file how do I get access to it from an Ubuntu derivative?

I'm glad you asked.

How To Mount A Pnd And See The Gooey Bits Inside

That's a little guide I'm working on. Just waiting to fill in a couple of blanks before replicating the info here and on the wiki. (Funnily enough, this is the first step in me learning how to GINGE-wrap GP2X apps. I had to get into some PNDs to have a look first, found scarce info on the process, so asked for help on documenting it. I'll do the same for GINGE wrapping too.)

In your case, you will probably need to install squashfs-tools in order to mount it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did any further work occur on the Pandora's Dox application for windows? Cant seem to re-find the thread for it and it was, in its first revision a nice idea for simply dropping a PND on it and it opening the documentation as plain txt. Plus the name was cool aswell :)

Back