Looking For Peter Mackay (Cave Story Port)

second exodous said:
Kicker said:
Spirit said:
But oh god please not the Wii version.

Go on, why not then?
I'm curious also, what was different in the Wii version?

About sending Pixel money to allow a port; I would go along with this. Is there any safe way to pledge money? Maybe pledge money for this and have it go to the dev fund(if that is still around) and if Pixel says no then at least it will go to other devs.

Heck, why pledge money for a port, why not pledge money for the source and art to be under a creative commons license that will allow ports/use of art for non-profit, get a ton of people on the internet involved.

As I understand it the wii version is a remix; all the graphics were redrawn as well as some of the music rerecorded. I'm not sure if the remixed version was selectable though. I think there were also balancing changes for the difficulty but not having a wii a I can't confirm all of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
second exodous said:
About sending Pixel money to allow a port; I would go along with this. Is there any safe way to pledge money? Maybe pledge money for this and have it go to the dev fund(if that is still around) and if Pixel says no then at least it will go to other devs.

Heck, why pledge money for a port, why not pledge money for the source and art to be under a creative commons license that will allow ports/use of art for non-profit, get a ton of people on the internet involved.
Even if we did pledge money, Pixel might be locked into some kind of contractual agreement with Nicalis. Something along the lines of "for a specified time period while Cave Story is available on the Wii console, no ports are allowed." In such a case, it wouldn't matter how much money we pledged, the game could not be moved to another platform. Emulation aside, of course.

As it's been said, ED is in contact with Nicalis, so hopefully they can work something out. No doubt if something were to come of this, it may be a commercial release. I'm cool with that. ;)

EvilDragon said:
Well, we got the GP2X-Version running on the Pandora and I'm in contact with Nicalis to find out if we are free to release it or if they might even be interested in porting the Wii-Version.

Until this is sorted out, nothing will be released, of course.

well another reason to get for the pandora :)

i usually dont like that question by myself - but if there's a way for the pandora, might this version be ported to wiz, too? :unsure:

The graphics are higher resolution and with "added details" which kill my images. The music is remixed in some awful minor key (I think) variations.

Spirit said:
The graphics are higher resolution and with "added details" which kill my images. The music is remixed in some awful minor key (I think) variations.

I'm with Spirit. It's a nice idea to ask Nicalis to port their new content, but I'd just as soon leave it Wii-exclusive. Personally I just want to play the original pixelated English translation of Cave Story, fullscreen on OP without any stretching.

Back