ceighty emulator

birdswithskirts

Still Fresh
downloaded in apps folder ceighty.pnd> ceighty.mrz in appdata folder>rom games w/.ch8

also default.conf in appdata.

emulators boots nicely but cannot open roms. as mentioned roms are .ch8 file extension in ceighty.mrz folder from appdata.

.pnd file is in apps with all my other running emulators. Using HF5.

any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes with file ext .ch8 for the roms. ceighty.mrz appears automatically after opening the emulator.

the emulator appears with the demo on screen.

is it ch8.conf file ext.??

ceighty.mrz.pnd>apps appdata/ceighty.mrz/rom

all roms labeled.ch8 and did not load .txt file.

xfce gui.

You shouldn't have to touch any text or conf files.

Can you see the list of games when you start it up? And they just won't launch? Or are you seeing no games in the list at all?

SOLVED...gotta run .txt files w/.ch8 files with rom for it to run.

The dev might want to specify this.

SOLVED...gotta run .txt files w/.ch8 files with rom for it to run.

The dev might want to specify this.
strange i don't need .txt files; the .bin i dl from net ran by just changing .bin to .ch8
I thought it strange too, after all they are only .txt files but I did try everything and out of no other options, decided to include the .txt files with each .ch8 and it worked.

I don't understand... so you need to have identical txt & ch8 files for it to work?

eg:

blocks.ch8

blocks.txt

maze.ch8

maze.txt

?
Yes Gruso that is it exactly. The were a few roms listed without the .txt files that I downloaded.They did appear in the menu but would not boot . Any.ch8 rom that had a .txt file that I omitted also appeared in the menu but did not boot. I currently have around 35 roms with both .ch8 and .txt files and they work flawlessly.

I also contacted the dev @ Revival Studios. There is no sound supported for these games with the exception of an occasional blip noise. I did not know if everyone knew that and I think it should be added info in the repo. Mega chip roms do support audio but there are few emulators that support this extension.

Back