Cheap Class 10 16Gb Cards At Play.com

jdbye

Their Transcend 16GB Class 10 cards are on christmas sale: Here for £29.99
As well as this waterproof/shockproof 8GB one (about the same speed): Here for £17.89

Just saw the email from them and thought people would be interested :)

Jdbye said:
As well as this waterproof/shockproof 8GB one (about the same speed): Here for £17.89

sorry but thats expensive

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/Transcend/Transcend-16GB-SD-Card-(SDHC)---Class-10

same card under 18quid

Last edited by a moderator:
meandu229 said:
Jdbye said:

sorry but thats expensive

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/Transcend/Transcend-16GB-SD-Card-(SDHC)---Class-10

same card under 18quid

Yeah but he doesn't get the commission on those ones...

Mr Loon said:
Jdbye said:

Or spend an extra £4 for a 32GB Class 10 card at 7 Day Shop.

Woah. 7dayshop is coming out with some good deals. I'm wary about the make of that card, but that is unbelievable. Shame I've already spent £100 on SD cards.

I'm looking for a good deal on microSD's so I can share that between my phone etc.
Anyone know any good deals? (eBay is not an option, I've already got convincing knockoffs from a trusted seller)

Basically 32GB is what I'm after.
I don't care about what class as long as it is fast for the things I need (video playback, emulators etc)... so basically a microSD card that has fast reading/random access time. That'll mean everything would be quicker overall :)

edit: BTW I live in Sydney so anything that ships internationally

Transcend - only heard poor things about that brand of SD card...

seems to mixed thoughts on various brands but quite a few here have the transcend cards without any issues thus far. The OP price is way up on Play´s prior price though!

chris_c said:
Transcend - only heard poor things about that brand of SD card...
The Transcend cards I have bought have been great, no problems whatsoever. I think some of the bad reviews on sites might be due to the fact that they got counterfeit cards. Prometheus linked to a great program that everyone should use right after they stick their cards into their computers to test for fakes:

Prometheus said:
I'm glad that you're aware there are fakes out there, and it's very rewarding to see more people mentioning it and knowing about it, but this is *not* the way to test whether a card is a fake or not - even a fake will appear to let you fill it to the maximum. Use H2testw instead. ;)

If you find a fake you are doing both the store and their potential future customers a service by reporting the fake and returning it promptly so they can stop buying from whoever they bought the fakes from and stop selling the fakes they do have.

EDIT: Ah crap, link is no good anymore, just google H2testw to find it, I found a few places to get it.

Yeah, I've actually got this Transcend card from Play.com (although at the cheaper price of £17.29) and it's the best performer out of all my SD cards. 7dayshop has this card even cheaper at around £15.99.

Back