Coding Compo

Agreed, those look awesome, like the look of the x-wing, candice, C&C type game and, well, all of them, wicked

abigsmurf posted on Feb 22 2006 at 12:21 PM said:
is that a port of geometry wars?
Its someone's interpretation of what he thinks Geometry Wars might play like, although he has not played it himself. See the thread in general discussion about the competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
ingrin posted on Feb 22 2006 at 01:38 PM said:
Its someone's interpretation of what he thinks Geometry Wars might play like, although he has not played it himself.  See the thread in general discussion about the competition.
Well, it's just a game where you fly around and blow up stuff. Not trying to imagine what GW plays like really, but I thought the visual look was cool from some some screen shots I got inspired from so it probably looks similar and I suppose the gameplay might be similar too. The game is called "Vektar" and is still a work in progress.

I hope people think it's fun but if they are hoping for a "port" or a "clone" of GW they may be disappointed since I don't know much about it and don't care too much either (except it looks cool and I was heavily inspired by that look).

I need to add more stuff to it and tune the gameplay still but it's playable now so I thought I'd enter it.

I was hoping for a racing game, guess I will have to wait for int13's commercial offering.

Dzz posted on Feb 22 2006 at 06:57 PM said:
ingrin posted on Feb 22 2006 at 01:38 PM said:
Its someone's interpretation of what he thinks Geometry Wars might play like, although he has not played it himself.  See the thread in general discussion about the competition.
Well, it's just a game where you fly around and blow up stuff. Not trying to imagine what GW plays like really, but I thought the visual look was cool from some some screen shots I got inspired from so it probably looks similar and I suppose the gameplay might be similar too. The game is called "Vektar" and is still a work in progress.

I hope people think it's fun but if they are hoping for a "port" or a "clone" of GW they may be disappointed since I don't know much about it and don't care too much either (except it looks cool and I was heavily inspired by that look).

I need to add more stuff to it and tune the gameplay still but it's playable now so I thought I'd enter it.

Is it kind of like an updated version of "Asteroids" ? That would be cool.

DaveC posted on Feb 22 2006 at 01:59 PM said:
Is it kind of like an updated version of "Asteroids" ? That would be cool.

Yeah, I think that's a pretty good description, except without the asteroids :D

Deleted User posted on Feb 22 2006 at 02:09 PM said:
Thats stratergy game looks brill

Brill?

Edit: nevermind I get it now. :)

:)
Sorry if my description was off, I wasn't coming down on it, visually it was the most striking of the Screenshots and the one I am looking to play the most, regardless of how close it is to GW.
I've never played GW myself, although I've played enough Smash TV and Robotron to have a good idea. In fact, a pure clone of GW would be very bad on the GP2X since it doesn't have two joysticks...

ingrin posted on Feb 22 2006 at 03:27 PM said:
In fact, a pure clone of GW would be very bad on the GP2X since it doesn't have two joysticks...

Indeed, Geometry Wars makes use of the XB360's dual analog joysticks, the left controls lateral motion, and the right fires bullets in the direction of the stick press.

The visual style for Vektor looks very similar, though, and if it's nearly as fast-paced and full of pretty visual effects as GW, then it will be super fun. :)

Yay! A version of Beat2x with colour!....*droool*...I was getting sick of playing Dance Dance Revolution 3 for Gameboy Colour :angry:

Was it Acorns that had that game called Lander? with the space ship. I loved that game.

I'm looking forward to these new games/programs, anyone reckon that the Simpons screenshot is a new movie player?

Back