Colorful week

As a matter of fact, I've already pre-ordered both units. A Pyra and the you know who "competitor". Since I come from a Zaurus line of devices I'm rooting for the Pyra but I was always under the impression that I can change OS on that said "competitor". You know something I don't?

Even if a device has a vendor-provided Linux image, the quality of it can vary substantially... and this has implications for long-term usefulness of the device.

The OS in development for the Pyra is staying very close to original Debian, which means it will be maintained for a long time and upgrades should be possible for many years. And the Linux kernel patches are being rebased regularly on the latest upstream releases, which means the device will already ship with a recent version, and there are good prospects for being able to update that as needed over time.

Even if a device has a vendor-provided Linux image, the quality of it can vary substantially... and this has implications for long-term usefulness of the device.

The OS in development for the Pyra is staying very close to original Debian, which means it will be maintained for a long time and upgrades should be possible for many years. And the Linux kernel patches are being rebased regularly on the latest upstream releases, which means the device will already ship with a recent version, and there are good prospects for being able to update that as needed over time.
The pre-order was a leap of faith, but I thought that it's an Intel SoC and wireless so that Linux should be mostly supported. But who cares we've got the Pyra.

Regarding tab usage on browsers I already have more than 99 ( :D ) on chrome and as much in firefox (infinity sign there) mostly with stuff I thought were interesting and wanted to read at some point. Unfortunately the rate of tabs piling up outweighs the rate I am reading them.

Last edited:
I'm at 105 tabs right now. Most of them are not loaded, they just sit their. But still, a lot of them contain stuff, I'm not done with yet. I guess I easily diverge from things.

Setting up Linux gets really annoying for me. Till I get a decent browser up and running, all I've got is the Wii U to look up things I don't know, which is almost everything I want to do. And its browser cannot handle more than SIX tabs at once, SIX! S-I-X!!!!!!!!!!! Plus, the Wii U sits on my desk and its fan degrades me mentally, slowly but surely. I already see me end up apatheticly bashing my head against the wall all night.

I'm at 105 tabs right now. Most of them are not loaded, they just sit their.
There is this X in the tab that will allow you to close the Tabs that you're not using.

200_s.gif

I used to have around 40 tabs open in different tab groups (probably up to 60 in use, but I always try to close things I won't need in the morning before I turn off), but one day some random update (at a guess) nixed my tab groups and even the tabs in my current group, so I'm currently down to 8, and trying to put stuff I will use occasionally only into my bookmarks.

There is this X in the tab that will allow you to close the Tabs that you're not using.
Nope, the only Xs are those from page titles. But that's no issue. If I'd close 'em, I might never come across 'em again. :(
Tabs are my notes and SIX are not enough. :'(

Some of them are fun stuff, as I was looking into some music a little while ago, although I killed all but one of those tabs. The one I left up serves as a reminder to make someone else listen to it, possibly share here, and check out some more.

Can I just inquire - is English your native tongue at all? If not then I might give you a bit of friendly advice: The word "Make" in your sentence above indicates quite a significant level of coercion; it sounds downright creepy tbh.

Some of them are fun stuff, as I was looking into some music a little while ago, although I killed all but one of those tabs. The one I left up serves as a reminder to make someone else listen to it, possibly share here, and check out some more.
The word "Make" in your sentence above indicates quite a significant level of coercion; it sounds downright creepy tbh.
may%2Bscreencap%2B2.jpg

So the devboard was resuscitated.
That's exactly what I thought when TrashyMG came in with his video. I know from the Linux-Swat discussion with his board that we learned TrashyMG had Trashed his devboard. Also, I finally caught up with this terrible thread. I'd much rather see technical discussions. Like the ZikZak for example.

For me chosen touchscreen technology is wrong: a resistive touch system needs a layer in front of LCD, changing light and producing more mirroring and other effects (like grainy we have now).

I think that other technologies that doesn't need layers in front of LCD display would be better: for example infrared grid.

With infrared grid you don't need a later in front of LCD, an as a result optical clarity is perfect.

A lot of e-ink ebook readers use infrared grid, because adding a resistive layer isn't acceptable (it produces reflections and reduce contrast).

Obviously it is late for this solution :(

That's what I suspected, no new evidence here, just an old un-optimized board that currently appears to be broken. Not "bringing it to you" TrashyMG, just trying to take part in the nicer part of the conversation, if that is even possible at this point in this thread...

Can I just inquire - is English your native tongue at all? If not then I might give you a bit of friendly advice: The word "Make" in your sentence above indicates quite a significant level of coercion; it sounds downright creepy tbh.
Yes it is, and that word choice was intentional. The person I have in mind would like it if I make her listen. If I mention it she won't ever check it out. I have to make her listen to it by playing it at her (yes, "at", not "for", or whatever else, because initially she is unlikely to pay attention). If you feel like reading more into that, go for it. Sometimes I will also use technically accurate words in ways that are uncommon...other times I just use another, somewhat similar sounding, word to amuse myself and those that get what I am saying and doing (the person mentioned above, and copies some of my more common examples of this). I play with the language, and if it makes others uncomfortable, good.
I LOVE Angela Bettis. Is that from May?

Yes, "making friends" ;)
I figured, as that was the only film she was in where I remember eyes being a topic, and it was important to the plot in some sense. I still haven't seen the "sequel" or whatever it is supposed to be. I remember the freezer scene in the original. Why can't everyone just be open-minded and friendly so we don't have to go through all the trouble of making friends.

Um, so I wonder when the cases will arrive so we can all bicker about which color is best. Maybe blood red. :p

Back