Come Get Some :)

Unmodded NLU
Duke (Setup) v1.3D
File dates = 19/04/96-13:30

Not working :(
White screen - reboot after touching a key

Keep on it! I really hope you get us rocking too :)

woogal posted on Sep 27 2005 at 10:50 AM said:
If you are getting crashes or a reboot before you get to the black screen then it's possible you're missing some files. I'm not sure exactly what files you need, but it's more than just the .grp and .cfg.
As I have tested on another port (jonof's one, for win and linux), the only required file by the engine itself is the .grp. But well, Ken Silverman himself worked on that port so maybe he disabled the rest of the files from his src or something like that.

Your port doesn't work on my gp32 (tested with normal and plutonium duke3D.. white screen, little flickering, and reboot), but well, if you managed to run it on your gp32... as we say in spain "ole tus huevos" (a rough translation would be something like "hooray for your b*lls"). I don't know much of programming, but once I downloaded duke3D src just for curiosity.. and ran away. I think it had 3 or 4 different versions of the engine because Ken didn't knew which one did work, and the sound code was almost all ASM.. I think Rise of the Triad had the same sound engine so you could look it (I THINK, i'm not sure, as I said I have little idea of programming).

Please, keep working on this port, you've done the hard part, to get it working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet !!!!!

Looking forward to testing when I get home !

Cheers woogal

nice one woogal...
when i saw it on the frontpage i first thought it was a gp2x port, but gp32? Yeah! i hope you bring a blu+ version out soon.

i can't get this to work either. i have the graphics set to vesa 320x200, no soundcard, and default controls...
and the rest is like gp32rich:

"Unmodded NLU
Duke (Setup) v1.3D

Not working
White screen - reboot after touching a key"

tried the same config, just on my blu+ and nlu but it crashes right after a second and restarts the gp32

GP32 BLU with European firmware.
Duke 3D Atomic Edition 1.5 with clean cfg (controls, sound, video) -> reboot after whote screen.

Good work anyway :)

For the first version it works great on my FLU!
Go on, make it perfect! :wub:

Duke3D Zodiac

My NLU is broken, why I can't try it (I'm getting Jarska333's BLU+, though). Can anybody compar it to the Zodiac version.

Also, might be some interesting information for Woogal in this thread.

I just get a white screen on my FLU, using 1.3d shareware. Sounds promising that it works for anyone at all though! I'm not sure how it could ever be perfect - there just aren't enough buttons for all the map controls, powerups, etc. Unless maybe an onscreen keyboard/menu could be added, or maybe it could work with a chatboard?

For the people who have got it working - have you spotted the 'runmode' setting in the config file? Setting that to 1 saves the need for a run button.

yuujin posted on Sep 27 2005 at 11:30 AM said:
i can't get this to work either. i have the graphics set to vesa 320x200, no soundcard, and default controls...
and the rest is like gp32rich:

"Unmodded NLU
Duke (Setup) v1.3D

Not working
White screen - reboot after touching a key"

unfortunately same exact thing here :(

wave posted on Sep 27 2005 at 04:22 PM said:
I could make it work at delete the .dmo files at it worked for me.
I will do a duke.cfg file and post it.
Duke Config
didnt help, still reset after loading :-/

Back