*COMPLETED* American Pandora battery

AVahne

Handheld-obsessed
Is there anyone in the United States with an extra Pandora battery that they're willing to sell? I bought one of the flawed Pandoras that ED put on his shop recently and opted to not get a battery in order to save on shipping costs (and to save about $10 on the cost of the Pandora itself). I had been hoping to just run my Pandora on wall power for the time being, but it seems my particular unit ALSO has a Power Connector defect. The Pandora will power on with the charger connected, but only if it's perfectly straight and only if I don't touch it. I don't know if this is an issue that affects all Pandoras or just a few, but it seems that if I want to use my Pandora I'll HAVE to get a battery.
Problem is buying from DragonBox will cost a rather insane amount due to the fact that shipping will cost a massive amount money.

So I ask again: is there anyone in the United States willing to sell me an extra battery that they may have?
Please send me a PM if you do.

EDIT: Got a battery, and it works perfect. Thanks to TrashyMG for the battery and to ant for offering. How do I close a thread?

Last edited:
Can it also be powered on by power from the mini-USB port? That port can also be used to charge the battery, but I don't know exactly how it's wired in to the power circuitry.

FWIW, my power connector can be nudged in any direction quite forcibly and the charge light stays on. I think there's a delay before the charge light goes out, so maybe there is a momentary loss, but I've never been able to make it concretely stop charging by holding the power connector.

Ah sorry, I didn't realize there was a trading section. Thanks for the move.

@levi
It doesn't seem the mini-USB port can actually power the Pandora, perhaps the power provided by that port isn't enough to power without a battery. And huh, guess I'm just really unlucky with my Pandora :/

AVahne, i have an original 2009 "bulgy edition" battery that i got a replacement for because it was causing damage to the battery cover. if you can live with its lumpiness (as far as being a battery concerned it works just fine and is at probably ~80% health) it's yours for $20 shipped.

BUT (and this is a big one), i'll have to find the confounded thing first. i checked where it should be and no luck. i certainly have not disposed of it, so it has to be around somewhere. i'll send you a pm or something if/when i find it.

Isn't that bulge potentially dangerous? A lumpy battery compartment isn't too much of an issue for me as long as the cover is still secure. My Zipit Z2 has a bulged battery compartment as well since I'm using a modified Nokia BP-4L battery to power it, but if there's a chance of a fire hazard, I'm not so sure I want to expose my Pandora to it.

I have a never been used spare battery I got with my First Batch Pandora. However It's almost 6 years old. I could charge it to make sure it still works if you like...

I'll take pictures in the morning.

Last edited:
That sounds perfect (as long as it still has a charge that is)!

Well here is some pictures of the battery. since it's a circa 2010 battery I won't ask for much $4.00 US + what shipping comes to sounds fine?
IMG_20160702_122108807.jpg IMG_20160702_122116177.jpg

I haven't attempted to charge it yet, if you want me to break open the sealed bag to try it I will.

Well here is some pictures of the battery. since it's a circa 2010 battery I won't ask for much $4.00 US + what shipping comes to sounds fine?
View attachment 28659 View attachment 28660

I haven't attempted to charge it yet, if you want me to break open the sealed bag to try it I will.
Yes, that sounds great! And yes please see if it'll charge. I'll send you a PM, so we can get this transaction underway.

Threw it into my First Batch unit, After 6 years and never being used it still held 35% charge, I think typically they charge to 50% before shipping? I have it charging now.

IMG_20160702_124532991.jpg

@AVahne

I have an unused Pandora battery that has been stored in my freezer since I received it new with my Pandora. I have since sold the Pandora but the battery is available if you're still interested.

Back