Compo4All Trash Talk, Tips & Tricks, Discussions, Etc.

And Ekianjo is off the Minislug board!

GOD DAMN ... that jelly fish part is horrrrrrible. There is no fun to be had there ... unless somebody has some technique to it?
Yeah, that jelly fish must be the hardest part of the game. You get use to it, fire and running..

Of course, it much easier when you have the Submarine !

(I assume the High Scorer know about the Submarine at the beginning of Level 2?)

GOD DAMN ... that jelly fish part is horrrrrrible. There is no fun to be had there ... unless somebody has some technique to it?
Yeah, that jelly fish must be the hardest part of the game. You get use to it, fire and running..

(I assume the High Scorer know about the Submarine at the beginning of Level 2?)
Yeah, for the jellyfish you're really only able to shoot at it for a few seconds before it moves towards you. Once you kill the 3 waves of jellyfish it spawns around it, you only have like 1 second to shoot at it. The Submarine definitely helps as well. I'll give you a hint where to find it: It's right after the first whale that pops out of the ground.

EDIT: And an extra hint: Abuse the you know what in the first screen of the first level to get 5000 points and a life up. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, for the jellyfish you're really only able to shoot at it for a few seconds before it moves towards you. Once you kill the 3 waves of jellyfish it spawns around it, you only have like 1 second to shoot at it. The Submarine definitely helps as well. I'll give you a hint where to find it: It's right after the first whale that pops out of the ground.

EDIT: And an extra hint: Abuse the you know what in the first screen of the first level to get 5000 points and a life up. :p
And an impressive Hiscore to prove your point. 23k !!! Very nice !

hey folks i am having some problems with c4all ... unfortunately

So i was able to get asteroids running two days ago and it worked quite okay. but today i tried to play and it is fetching all the data without opening the game... it was working so it should all be the right version and in the right folder. hope you guys can help because it's awesome competing against you :)

Cheers pant90

Damn Link, are you trying to get gold in every game or what?

You've posted some killer scores in some of the best games, Congrats! Your scores aren't world class record holder high, but they are "top shelf" around here for sure.

Since your doing so great, I'd like to issue you a challenge............

To see if you can take down my high score in "Ghost & Goblins" ;) The trash talk forum has been kind of quiet lately, so I figured I'd get the ball rolling again :p

Me and TraylorPark have been going at it for awhile, but I think he's busy with other projects, as he hasn't played since I took back my top spot. Sadly, this game doesn't appear to have many players who are interested in playing for score. They neither find the game to hard, or the score is so out of reach, they figure why bother?

I know that's my reason for never playing Bubble Bobble anymore. When it was first added, I was in love, as it is one of my most favorite games ever(and I always thought I was pretty decent), but once so many skilled players got in on the action, the high scores are just "CRAAZY"

Hey Link, this is just for fun. If GNG isn't your kind of game, it's cool just to say "hey, I'm going to pass on that one". I'ts all good.

Chris

yeah Link, you can just admit it, he's better than you at GnG

jeff

(wheres the devil-fire-head emoticon when you need it :)

I'm Frogger KING!

Anybody think they can knock me off? Can anyone here even get the holy grail, an extra man? Don't even bother, just admit defeat :p  

I'm coming for Elevator Action next! Kumaki, watch your back ;)  

Chris

Touch my Rygar position if you dare :) [i have been playing this a lot on the Atari Lynx in the past three years]

Touch my Rygar position if you dare :) [i have been playing this a lot on the Atari Lynx in the past three years]
Well, that wasn't to hard :lol:

I got second place all time. I may be able to get number 1 all time, but that will tkae a little more practice, but it seems doable. I used to play this a lot on the lynx as well, as it was one of the better ports on that system.

I used to be killer at Mr. Do, as I used to play everyday on my way to school at the local candy shop. That was about 25+ years ago, and sadly all my skills are long gone.

Chris

Damn Kumaki, I was still trying to catch your last high score(Elevator Action), now you go and bump it even further. That was a HUGE punch in the gut for sure, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, look out.

Chris

What screen did you make it to on Frogger?

I'm going to have to adopt a new strategy and hit it hard again...

I used to be great at Bomb Jack... hadn't played it since the '80s, it's taking a while to remember the way I used to play each screen for maximum score..

What screen did you make it to on Frogger?

I'm going to have to adopt a new strategy and hit it hard again...
I got to stage 9 I believe.

Actually, the stage where all hell breaks loose(5 or 6), is the key to success.I'm guessing this is as far as anyone has reached, as most of the high scores are right around the same numbers, and there aren't really to many tricks to bump your score per levels(just time, and the occasional piggy back or fly).

Once that stage is passed, the game speed resets back to extra slow. When this happened, I was like WTF? Even though the game slows down, there are more obstacles than the earlier stages. I actually should have gone way further, as the game still hadn't gotten to ridiculous speed wise when I died, but it was very busy. Since this was my first time getting this far, I really didn't know what new patters and tricks the enemies now have, so I kind of got over confident. 

So the key to higher scores is passing that rush hour traffic stage where there is a super small window of movement. Once you get past that level, the extra man should be easy to get at 20,000, as the game gives you a HUGE breather compared to the few previous levels.

Chris

Damn Kumaki, I was still trying to catch your last high score(Elevator Action), now you go and bump it even further. That was a HUGE punch in the gut for sure, but I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, look out.

Chris
:p

I just pushed the bar up another 10,000 points, sucka!

Back