Congratulations Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
OK so the Spam thread may not have been what it was but to delete it and any similar thread is just daft. For myself and a lot of others the Spam thread was one of the reasons I visit the forum regularly.

True Some of the crap talked about was just that, crap! but not all of it.

The moderators voted on it? No offence but the moderators are there to police the forum, so police it, don't snuff it out.

If you don't like the Spam thread contents just ban those people that consistently go against the grain. Why should the rest of us have to suffer due to the ramblings of some fools.

Personally I see the moderators decision to shut the spam thread as a failing of them to police the forum correctly.

There are plenty of adult, sensible people on this forum that liked the idea of a thread where they could go for a chance to let off steam about whatever took their fancy.

This place doesn't have the same feel as it did a couple of years ago so why shut down the one place that at least kept a remnant of that feeling alive.

Throw away those hammers mods because this coffin doesn't have space for many more nails!

BaDToaD posted on Sep 2 2006 at 02:34 PM said:
OK so the Spam thread may not have been what it was but to delete it and any similar thread is just daft. For myself and a lot of others the Spam thread was one of the reasons I visit the forum regularly.

True Some of the crap talked about was just that, crap! but not all of it.

The moderators voted on it? No offence but the moderators are there to police the forum, so police it, don't snuff it out.

If you don't like the Spam thread contents just ban those people that consistently go against the grain. Why should the rest of us have to suffer due to the ramblings of some fools.

Personally I see the moderators decision to shut the spam thread as a failing of them to police the forum correctly.

There are plenty of adult, sensible people on this forum that liked the idea of a thread where they could go for a chance to let off steam about whatever took their fancy.

This place doesn't have the same feel as it did a couple of years ago so why shut down the one place that at least kept a remnant of that feeling alive.

Throw away those hammer mods because this coffin doesn't have space for many more nails!

You're just pining to get me killed (or bannned) aren't you? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously this thread is closed soon but I don't see the benefit of removing the spam thread. It's not like it took up other sections of the forum.

LHC posted on Sep 2 2006 at 07:46 PM said:
Obviously this thread is closed soon but I don't see the benefit of removing the spam thread. It's not like it took up other sections of the forum.

LHC posted on Sep 2 2006 at 12:46 PM said:
That thread did seem to keep a lot of the useless crap in one place, and was easy to ignore; now the people who can't resist posting garbage will do so more often in other threads which is not desirable.

Theres a place called irc for random crap, why not use that?
If you realy want that thread back, create a petition for it maybe you can get soemthing going by it.

But the craptalk on this forum realy needs to be cut back, and removeing that thread was just the first step, but it looks like you people are now only makeing it worse....

Pleas stop creating new topics on this issue now.

Vimacs posted on Sep 2 2006 at 08:16 PM said:
But the craptalk on this forum realy needs to be cut back, and removeing that thread was just the first step, but it looks like you people are now only makeing it worse....
I'd say the moderators made it worse by removing the quarantine.

It's fairly obvious that plenty of the posters on this forum can't be trusted to no post random crap, so keeping a large percentage of it in one place is logical.

Deleting the spam thread was a better solution than banning members who posted too much, or whatever. Hopefully this will encourage:
- spamming in irc (which is a far better medium for this kind of thing - I really hate quote pyramids)
- posting decent topics (which can encourage more intelligent conversation)
- posters who are only here to spam, taking a break or posting something decent for a change.

However, I am aware of the community that formed around the thread (after all, I started the damn thing) and you are not forgotten. Me and the other mods have plans to make the forum much more interesting in the future - you'll just have to be patient.

Good ridance, I suggest deleting all this 'where'd it go' topics as well.

- Alex

Rico posted on Sep 2 2006 at 04:13 PM said:
Deleting the spam thread was a better solution than banning members who posted too much, or whatever. Hopefully this will encourage:
- spamming in irc (which is a far better medium for this kind of thing - I really hate quote pyramids)
- posting decent topics (which can encourage more intelligent conversation)
- posters who are only here to spam, taking a break or posting something decent for a change.

However, I am aware of the community that formed around the thread (after all, I started the damn thing) and you are not forgotten. Me and the other mods have plans to make the forum much more interesting in the future - you'll just have to be patient.

Free pie for all?

LHC posted on Sep 2 2006 at 07:46 PM said:
Ditto.

Dzz posted on Sep 2 2006 at 08:02 PM said:
LHC posted on Sep 2 2006 at 12:46 PM said:
That thread did seem to keep a lot of the useless crap in one place, and was easy to ignore; now the people who can't resist posting garbage will do so more often in other threads which is not desirable.
I'll try to control myself.

Nova posted on Sep 2 2006 at 08:26 PM said:
Temp Alternative Chatbox, anyone?

As long as you can discuss in it, and we're all there, I don't see it matters where it is.
Stop plugging it please. Right, you asked for it. I'm gonna make one and plug it here later aswell!

Rico posted on Sep 2 2006 at 09:49 PM said:
Loubear posted on Sep 2 2006 at 09:39 PM said:
Free pie for all?
*punches Loubear*
And you condemn us!

I have to agree. There's something about a shoutbox/chat thread that instills a sort of personal feel on a forum. Many of us got to know each other better and joke around because of that thread, and I dont think it's fair that it's gone now because of certain people who insist on posting the same crap over and over again.

Either ban them (as suggested), or make it so you dont get a higher post count from posting in it (something I feel is good since I dont like having 40 posts per day just from chatting about random stuff, then having people say I have no life <_< ).

Perhaps put in a cbox? easily deletable, possibly every so often to clean it out. Just an idea.

sam fisher posted on Sep 2 2006 at 10:05 PM said:
Nova posted on Sep 2 2006 at 08:26 PM said:
Temp Alternative Chatbox, anyone?

As long as you can discuss in it, and we're all there, I don't see it matters where it is.
Stop plugging it please. Right, you asked for it. I'm gonna make one and plug it here later aswell!

I weren't plugging anything, I just attempted to produce an alternative chatbox, so stfu.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 2 2006 at 05:18 PM said:
I have to agree. There's something about a shoutbox/chat thread that instills a sort of personal feel on a forum. Many of us got to know each other better and joke around because of that thread, and I dont think it's fair that it's gone now because of certain people who insist on posting the same crap over and over again.

Either ban them (as suggested), or make it so you dont get a higher post count from posting in it (something I feel is good since I dont like having 40 posts per day just from chatting about random stuff, then having people say I have no life <_< ).

Perhaps put in a cbox? easily deletable, possibly every so often to clean it out. Just an idea.
pie.jpg

PIE FOR YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back