Congratulations Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally saw no point in the spam thread, hundreds upon hundreds of seemingly random useless posts. I looked at it now and then, and then left instantly.

If you need to talk about something, then we already have the "Off Topic" section, why do we need a single thread within the off topic section for it? It's like saying, Well we have and "Off Topic" thread in the "Off Topic" section.

It was for saying things that we didn't see fit to start a whole new topic about. If you hear a great joke, you don't want to take attention away from the good threads just to share it.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 2 2006 at 10:47 PM said:
I personally saw no point in the spam thread, hundreds upon hundreds of seemingly random useless posts. I looked at it now and then, and then left instantly.

You're missing the point.

Imagine this scenario.

One of the forums youngsters has just got laid and is gagging to tell the forum. He can't very well start a topic about it can he. Not even in off topic but he could just post in the spam thread where he will be congratulated, have the piss taken out of him and get an ego boost. Fun will be had by all and no harm done.

Or let's say someone has just been diagnosed with some disease or other. They could simply post a hey I've got blah blah disease does anyone know anything about it? and again the thread shows it positive side.

One of the posters chose to mention his music in the thread but didn't make a topic about it. Why? because he probably felt more at ease mentioning it in the spam thread due to the community atmosphere it had.

Anyway I've said my two pence worth and just hope that common sense will prevail.

Last edited by a moderator:
It didn't matter if you posted rat arsed, because it would be relatively funny, as long as it wasn't a thread.

The spam thread was good. didnt really damage anyone.
it was great just to speak stuff to people you dont know and you know you will never meet.
and even though some links were anoying, some of the things in the spam thread was a great laugh.
well, time to find something else to do now.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 2 2006 at 06:52 PM said:
Klown posted on Sep 2 2006 at 06:37 PM said:
As you can see, the removal of a spam forum has resulted in a wave of shitty threads!
how strange.
There must be some theory for that occurence that spammy can inform us all about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back