Connecting Wiz With Ubuntu

bozoskeleton

Still Fresh
Running Ubuntu 9.10 and have trouble getting my Wiz to be seen by the system. It will charge up, but no connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I store most data on my SD card but most programs are on the internal memory. Want to run some updates but can't connect. I can connect on my wife's near dead Vista laptop, but on my XP desktop it's a no go also.

Again, thanks for the help.

I use the wiz with ubuntu karmic without problems, I just connect the cable, turn on the wiz, choose sd or nand and it pops up just as an usb pen.

while it's funny I am having problems connecting it with win 7 because of the "drivers" it wants to install for any usb device I plug in.

Got it working now. I don't want to be known as an idiot, but I was leaving out one crucial part that I won't mention.

Still no XP connection working though...

rex303 said:
I use the wiz with ubuntu karmic without problems, I just connect the cable, turn on the wiz, choose sd or nand and it pops up just as an usb pen.

while it's funny I am having problems connecting it with win 7 because of the "drivers" it wants to install for any usb device I plug in.

Its works flawlessly on my win7 , just connected it and both NAND and SD worked out of the box , :-||

bozoskeleton said:
Got it working now. I don't want to be known as an idiot, but I was leaving out one crucial part that I won't mention.

Hah , i bet u forgot to turn it on , or set it in SD/NAND mode , or maby mount it , xD

But same here as in win7 , works like a charm in XP with both SD and NAND , :-||

Last edited by a moderator:
for win 7, it used to work, then suddenly it started acting up and stopped working.

I'm happy you solved with ubuntu, it seemed strange since it is pretty straightforward. the only thing I can think of is forgetting to turn it on.

rex303 said:
I'm happy you solved with ubuntu, it seemed strange since it is pretty straightforward. the only thing I can think of is forgetting to turn it on.

Ya got me. Massive, massive brain fart. Did I mention massive?

bozoskeleton said:

Forgot to plug in the other end of the cable?

bozoskeleton said:
rex303 said:

Ya got me. Massive, massive brain fart. Did I mention massive?

:D

tho... , connecting the wiz to the PC to move files to and from it aint so good , its 100 times faster to just plug in the SD into the PC rather than copy over the cable.

Back