Controllers For The Pandora

How do you connect a wireless 360 controller to a pc? It uses 2.4 ghz spectrum, the same one cordless phones use, as far as I know PC's don't have a receiver for this wavelength.

cbox said:
How do you connect a wireless 360 controller to a pc? It uses 2.4 ghz spectrum, the same one cordless phones use, as far as I know PC's don't have a receiver for this wavelength.
fischju2000 said:
(with the earlier linked receiver)

Last edited by a moderator:
So, basically, if someone wants to use the Pandora with xbox 360 controllers, they need to buy the controllers ($$$$), Microsoft's proprietary usb converter ($$$$), then the Pandora. When, for cheaper, they can just buy an xbox360 and not have to deal with any of this?

cbox said:
So, basically, if someone wants to use the Pandora with xbox 360 controllers, they need to buy the controllers ($$$$), Microsoft's proprietary usb converter ($$$$), then the Pandora. When, for cheaper, they can just buy an xbox360 and not have to deal with any of this?

Well, you (I) wouldn't need to, as the Pandora has all the analogue I need AND it fits in my pocket :p

cbox said:

That's missing the point on so many levels...

The Pandora and the Xbox 360 are completely different devices that serve completely different purposes. Your last sentence made no sense. Especially if you consider that he wants to use the Pandora for emulators.

The main reason for wanting to use 360 controllers on the Pandora (or and PC for that matter) is because you already have them or for multiplayer. If you already, have them then you just buy the adapter (free controller!). If you want multiplayer and need controllers, unless you really, really like the 360 control scheme (it's kinda ass imo), there's much cheaper usb controllers and PS3 controllers (or any bluetooth controller) should give better battery performance for approximately the same price wirelessly.

I'm pretty sure Aesir has the 360 controllers, though. That would imply he already has a 360 which would make your last sentence even more nonsensical. So we were giving him the way to use them on his Pandora.

exactly Rathum. so let me get this straight, all i need is the adapter? i don't need to configure anything like that ps3 controller (sixaxis)? perhaps there's a link somewhere on google...

Here's hoping to having the PS3 controller work beautifully. I've been using mine (on Windows) for emulation and it's wonderful. I may possibly take a spin at getting the PS3 controller to work in Linux before the Pandora's released so I'll be familiar with the process.

i've been looking on google for answers, and this one site says it comes with a CD that needs to be installed on the computer. anyone else sense problems with this for the pandora... or can it be transferred onto a flashdrive somehow?

aesir911 said:
i've been looking on google for answers, and this one site says it comes with a CD that needs to be installed on the computer. anyone else sense problems with this for the pandora... or can it be transferred onto a flashdrive somehow?

aesir911 said:
fischju2000 said:
aesir911 said:
would i be able to use a wireless controller then if i bought this? what else would i need in order to make it work?

Yes, and a single receiver can connect to four controllers. You may need some help installing the driver for wireless controllers. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xbox360Controller

is that all i'd need then? would i need to install/configure anything to get it to work with the Pandora?

You should be able to make it work in Pandora. Well, if a linux guru gave step by step instructions.

From that page you linked:
The next day I then started up into Linux, and noticed the controllers light was flashing. It then sparked the interest to see if I could get the controller working in Linux. I did a quick Google search and game across a Ubuntu forum post that references a Gentoo wiki in which they have drivers to compile for the controller. I followed the guide and wholla, I had a working Xbox 360 controller in Linux. Still not sure what good its going to do me, but I'm ready now if any good racing games are released for Linux.

much thanks everyone. i'll see if i can get it to work once i get my pandora. hopefully someone more knowledgable can get it figured out first though (i'm about 2000 in line).

I think that Pandora and Wii classic should be a nice combination but buying the joystick+the USB adapter would be to $$$$ so i think that this: http://vc.nintendolife.com/news/2008/09/hands_on_with_datels_wireless_retro_controller would be a nice option. but sometimes i think that i could be well served with my GameCube's controller and an USB adaptor: http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_n64_usb_adapters/index.php?category=Adapters

and also my N64 controller wold work with Pandora :)

Back