Quick iCP question in regards to the pandora

DarkCheetah

Right now I'm using a USB/PS2 controller adapter to use a couple of old Playstation controllers when gaming on my TV. I was wondering if the iCP is pretty easy going as far as button mapping because it's a chore on my current controllers?

I've made the Pandora and ICP make sweet sweet love..

Mostly the key mapping is done in the emulator/games and such.. It works fairly well when in gamepad/joystick mode. However how easy it is depends on the program.

For some reason whenever I save a controller config in an emulator it never saves it. I suppose my question should have asked if the iCP works as a "native" controller so to speak. More an auto detect like the Pandoras controls themselves.

I suppose my question should have asked if the iCP works as a "native" controller so to speak. More an auto detect like the Pandoras controls themselves.

If "native" means "indistinguishable from built-in controls so that every app that works with on-board controls would work with iCP too" then the answer is no. Fortunately external controller support is quite good among emulators,

Makes one think though... being that they're sister products, wouldn't it make a whole lot of sense if the iCP was mapped that way automatically when paired with a Pandora? This would be an awesome professional touch and should on the to-do list.

^ I would buy one to keep around for multi-player TV-out action, if that were the case (or at the very least, if something could map it as if it was a virtual part of the built-in controls, in case that would work better). :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes one think though... being that they're sister products, wouldn't it make a whole lot of sense if the iCP was mapped that way automatically when paired with a Pandora? This would be an awesome professional touch and should on the to-do list.

+100000

A little 'iControlPad' utility is what we need, to pick whether it should mirror the Pandora's built-in controls (for easy single-player) or act in the same way as controller 2.

Surely this could be done in both directions:

• ICP working as Pandora controls
  • Pandora controls working as ICP

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Pandora controls working as ICP

Depends if anyone can be bothered to do it. But as others here have mentioned, the N810 had BlueMaemo, a utility which emulated a bluetooth mouse/keyboard combo.

And here's the delicious sauce: http://maemo.org/packages/source/view/fremantle_extras-devel_free_source/bluemaemo/0.3-9/

Which probably isn't portable without some hefty rewriting... but I wouldn't know!

That's most of the iControlPad battle right there, ultimately iCade mode is only a HID Keyboard with weird bindings.

I would honestly buy 2 iCPs if they acted like a virtual extension of the pandora controls. I'm surprised this hasn't been thought of before by OP.

I can't get my iCP to connect to the Pandora. The bluetooth utility fails to set it up. Same on my laptop.

Back