Convince Me Why I Should Buy A Dreamcast

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
I've been toying with the idea of getting a dreamcast but I need some reasons to convince myself it's a sensible purchase and more to the point to convince my girlfriend. :)

Any decent Girly type games etc for the GF?

I'm in it for the RPGs myself. The Shenmue and Grandia series of games look very nice :)

one good reason is that the Dreamcast has a homebrew and emulator scene that I think is almost or just as good as the GP32 scene. If your into that kind of stuff.

Well it's cheap, I picked one up for £20 about 3 years back and about 2 years back I got another for £5.

If you do get one then regularly clean the fan out, my fan got clogged with dust and overheated the Dc, singed the inside of the case and nearly burnt my hand when I touched the disc area.

Actually the commercial games (if you can get your hands on them) are enough of a reason to buy it concidering the price. Seriously look into whether or not you can get some of them and if you can I say go for it... also concider a mod for japanese games as they still release new shooters every so often.

Mod chip, my brother's DC is moded for japanese games and even plays VCDs. Pretty painless instalation from what I've heard onthe net. not that I'd ever suggest self installing one though.

you dont need a chip for that, its completely useless, for originals you need utopia boot disc, all"backups" worlk flawless region independant.
dc is cheap, haves great homebrew and great games, perfeckt console.

Hum, only problem with e-bay seems to be, that not many sellers seem to be willing to ship outside their country... And, of course the console is somewhat heavy... I saw a very good deal on a CD32, but the postage was about twice the price of the unit... :ph34r:

Mmmm looking good, now if only I can convince the GF. I showed her a couple of movies of Grandia II and she was well impressed so fingers crossed. :D

New DC games go for a pittance on ebay. Hardly worth the download time when you can get 'em that cheap :)

Jarska333 posted on Sep 16 2005 at 07:35 PM said:
Hum, only problem with e-bay seems to be, that not many sellers seem to be willing to ship outside their country... And, of course the console is somewhat heavy... I saw a very good deal on a CD32, but the postage was about twice the price of the unit... :ph34r:

I don't need a CD32 I've got one somewhere with a buggered PSU along with an 8MB 1200 030/30 an A500 and 600 plus a 1200 with 32MB 040/40 siting next to my PC. I've got a 32x SCSI CD on the beefy miggy too which is handy for my CD32 collection. Mmmm Simon the Sorcerer :) TBH runs like a dog on the CD32 only a 2x I think. I used to run a serial network between the 040 and 030 to play Gloom, Doom, F16 combat pilot and the Seminal Knights of the sky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ikaruga alone is definitely a reason to get a DC. i find it plays better on dc than GC. I never understood Space Channel. Wat r u supposed to do in it?

Ganepark32 posted on Sep 17 2005 at 11:24 AM said:
Ikaruga alone is definitely a reason to get a DC. I find it plays better on DC than GC. I never understood Space Channel. What are you supposed to do in it?

Groove your way through multiple levels as the 'sexy' TV journalist Ulala(sp?) to defeat the evil alien onslaught. The better you dance, the more humans join you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back