Cool Ideas And Other...

Skop

AutoBots.....Transform!!
Website
Visit site
In 'Cool ideas and other wishes' there are four pinned posts with the same topic 'Ports need source code'. How about rounding it up into one, saving space.
You do need to get the message through, but still....

But that only leaves room for like 4 or 5 real topics and its really stupid looking. I think they should delete ALL of pinned things and just make one new one saying that ports need source code and telling about remakes, fan games and original homebrew games and say their differences.Then give a list that can be updated with a bunch of places with source code and a description of the link, like source forge, home of the underdogs source page, and any other loose games, emulators programs we can find with source or using SDL.

Here is an example:

SourceForge
A place full of applications with source code available to the public.

But if we have that big list of pinned topics, when a newb goes into the forum, he/she will immediately think, "what the hell? Why the hell is it so small (They would think this because they would be used to all of the big space on the other forums)." Then, they will look up to see what's taking up so much room and then they'll see all of the topics saying Ports require source code. This is more effective than just having one sticky, where they won't notice it.

But if we have that big list of pinned topics, when a newb goes into the forum, he/she will immediately think, "what the hell? Why the hell is it so small (They would think this because they would be used to all of the big space on the other forums)." Then, they will look up to see what's taking up so much room and then they'll see all of the topics saying Ports require source code. This is more effective than just having one sticky, where they won't notice it.

:D Thats so lame, we already have a huge warning under the topic of cool ideas and other wishes and it makes me sick seeing all of the same thing over and over.

I think asking for ports is a bit pointless now anyway. They don't get ported and they've most likely been suggested before.

(But if anyones reading please port the super methane brothers! Its the perfect resolution, fun, would have fine controls and has sources for different platforms available!!!)

Edit: yeah yeah, practice what you preach and all that <_<

Ahem.

After suggestions, I stopped doing the pin/rename thing. We suddenly got deluged with port requests of all sorts of things - it was like magic how it happened so fast. Most of those ended up being pinned again as we decided to reinstate the pinning rule. So they're responsible for most of the pins you see.

It was not my intention to make the forum look stupid, but as Azure said it will attract attention. I'd love to reduce it but we did that - and they came back. Not sure exactly how to resolve the problem, actually, but this is a suggestions thread - suggest away.

Maybe when they try to post is the forom "Cool Ideas and Wishes" they have to go through a Pop up box with BIG letters saying PORTS REQUIRE SOURCE CODE and they have to click ok. B)

Back