Correct reset

cubelindo

Still Fresh
Yesterday UAE4All hung my Pandora, I made a Pandora button+power switch reset and after rebooting, the UAE4All does not work (It says .PND already mounted)

Is there any "reset" less harmful for the applications I should try first?

I suppose this is quite a n00b question, so I beg your forgiveness!

Okay, a bit more info on this. Advice would be appreciated.

Running AUE4All says "Mounting the PND failed. The application won't start. Please have a look at /tmp/pndrun_uae4all.out

Unmounting the SD card fails: Unable to unmount X, an application is preventing the volume X from being unmounted.

pndrun:uae4all.out reads:

=======================================================================================

PND : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu/Emuladores/UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : Squashfs

APPDATADIR : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/uae4all

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : 600

EXENAME : runme.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

WARNING The PND is already mounted, using it

+++++++

Loopback devices :

/dev/loop0: [b301]:68 (/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu/Emuladores/UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd)

Are mounted on :

/dev/loop0 on /mnt/utmp/uae4all type squashfs (ro,relatime)

For these Union :

WARNING SD-Card is mounted Read-only !! Trying to remount RW

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/uae4all=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/uae4all=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/uae4all"

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on none,

missing codepage or helper program, or other error

(for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might

need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)

In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try

dmesg | tail or so

WARNING : mount faild, re-tring

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on none,

missing codepage or helper program, or other error

(for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might

need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)

In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try

dmesg | tail or so

ERROR: The Union File-system is not mounted !

+++++++

Loopback devices :

/dev/loop0: [b301]:68 (/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu/Emuladores/UAE4ALLv2.0.pnd)

Are mounted on :

For these Union :

ERROR: The Union File-system is not mounted !

+++++++

Loopback devices :

Are mounted on :

For these Union :

[ FAILED]--- Mount the PND ----------

Return code is : 8

Looks like your SD card got mounted read-only, probably because the hard reset caused file system trouble. You should run some kind of file system check on it, e.g. unmount it and fsck it.

In your case, something like

sudo umount /dev/mmcblk0p1

sudo fsck /dev/mmcblk0p1

should do the trick I guess. When all errors are fixed, remove and reinsert the card and things should be OK again.

umount: /media/mmcblk0p1: device is busy :(

(in some cases useful info about processes that use the device is found by lsof(8) or fuser(1)

the fsck:

seek to -895484416: Invalid arguments

in minimenu at least some part of some programs processes are i think already running before you launch the pnd.I just ignore this.Also uae4all 2.0 can be minimised in the main os by pressing the pandora button.So its possible to launch two instances of uae4all 2.0. There are some issues with the regular uae4all too. delete appdata for uae4all and delete uae4all.backup your games and kickstarts etc. If possible just backup your sdcard and reformat it using the panasonic sd card formatter.http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html

Hm, ok, this is all from my memory since I couldn't use my Pandora for several months now. I can't check anything since its currently with ED.

I once had some strange problem related to (un)mounting the SD card. I noticed, that when no SD card was in the slot, there was still a corresponding folder in /media/. I think there is also some mount-directory, where stuff is temporarely written to.

I just deleted anything there (no cards inserted) by hand and that solved my problems.

I don't want to recommend to do that, because I myself did not know exactly what I was doing (on the other hand I thought the worst that can happen is that I'd hve to reflash), but maybe this is something worth checking and can narrow down the problem.

Well, a little more of info just in case somebody has the same problem

In appdata/uae4all there was some directory that could not be erased, so I formatted the SD card using SD formatter from the SD Association. I also changed the name and called it "sd16"

After that uae4all worked, but if I tried to unmount the card I got: Unable to unmount SD16: org.freedesktop.hal.storage.unmount-others no <-- (privilege, result)

And yes, in /media/ there was a directory with the corrupt name that the SD had before (?PND???), but the file manager did not give me the option to delete it. I made a sudo rmdir from the command prompt. After that I had to remove the card and reinsert it so it mounted correctly. Now everything works.

Nothing beats the power of sudo :lol:

Back