Corrupt Oopo's Devkit-file...

cheap-plastic

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I'm trying to set up a fresh dev. environment on my linux box, from Oopo's DevKit. As it is no longer available on his website, I tried the archive on gp2x.de. But it seems like the file is corrupt. On the downloadpage, it says the file is 70.58 MB, but I always end up with a 33Mbyte file...

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,14,1609

So, does someone have a working copy of this file that he is willing to put online? :)

cheap-plastic posted on Sep 21 2006 at 05:47 PM said:
I'm trying to set up a fresh dev. environment on my linux box, from Oopo's DevKit. As it is no longer available on his website, I tried the archive on gp2x.de. But it seems like the file is corrupt. On the downloadpage, it says the file is 70.58 MB, but I always end up with a 33Mbyte file...

So, does someone have a working copy of this file that he is willing to put online? :)

Don't know if it's any use - but I downloaded a linux tar file (91Mb compressed, 426Mb uncomp) gp2xdev-20060525.tar from 'somewhere'. May be worth a search?

Try here -> http://luteijn.xs4all.nl/html/gp2x/
and this thread -> http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...25218&st=90

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:
kevcal posted on Sep 25 2006 at 11:11 AM said:
cheap-plastic posted on Sep 21 2006 at 05:47 PM said:

Don't know if it's any use - but I downloaded a linux tar file (91Mb compressed, 426Mb uncomp) gp2xdev-20060525.tar from 'somewhere'. May be worth a search?

Try here -> http://luteijn.xs4all.nl/html/gp2x/
and this thread -> http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...25218&st=90

Kev

thx a lot :) i'll give it a try

cheap-plastic, please let me know how this goes ... i'm struggling to get a toolchain set up on my linux box (running kubuntu distro)!

i talked to ooPo and he's been too busy with work to update his toolchain. however, he plans on getting back to it eventually ... "not likely in the next while." so, the tool chain is not officially dead :)

however as he's quit hosting it. anyone want to try re-uploading it to the archive?

also ... i wish the "Setting_up_a_development_environment_(Linux)" page @ the gp2x wiki was more useful ...

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Setting_up_a_dev...ronment_(Linux)

i tried ooPo's toolchain a while back and never got it off the ground, someone suggested i run with devkitGP2X and that went well enough--i could compile basic programs. but i never got SDL in the picture. the most recent/relevant information i could find on that problem is from last november:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=304861

and what about the open2x toolchain under linux?

starpause posted on Sep 26 2006 at 04:22 AM said:
however as he's quit hosting it. anyone want to try re-uploading it to the archive?
I am currently uploading it to the archive as an update. After that we have to wait for ED who must confirm the update.

starpause posted on Sep 26 2006 at 03:22 AM said:
i tried ooPo's toolchain a while back and never got it off the ground, someone suggested i run with devkitGP2X and that went well enough--i could compile basic programs. but i never got SDL in the picture..
I'm in that position with Oopo's toolchain - I have to be careful as I use SDL/Allegro libs for other work - and am worried I may end up with confused binaries of libs.
Also I have very very little time to spend on setting it up - pity it's not just a little easier (the toolchains are great as far as they go though(!)).

Kev

starpause posted on Sep 26 2006 at 02:22 AM said:
cheap-plastic, please let me know how this goes ... i'm struggling to get a toolchain set up on my linux box (running kubuntu distro)!

i talked to ooPo and he's been too busy with work to update his toolchain. however, he plans on getting back to it eventually ... "not likely in the next while." so, the tool chain is not officially dead :)

It seems to work fine now :) Haven't had the time to compile anything big, just the sdl-pixel thing as a test.

when i tried to do the make for ooPo's libs directory, SDL_svg was broken somehow, returning this error. i have no idea how to fix it, but paxl on efnet told me to just remove it, so i did. everything else went smoothly. the end of the make script told me

Code:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Libraries have been installed in:
   /usr/local/gp2xdev/lib

If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the `-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
	 during execution
   - add LIBDIR to the `LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
	 during linking
   - use the `-Wl,--rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag

See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

then, trying to compile the simple helloPixel example, i get errors

Code:
starpause@outhouse:~/gameparkDev/helloPixel$ gcc helloPixel.c -I /usr/local/gp2xdev/lib -lSDL -o helloPixel
helloPixel.c:1:17: error: SDL.h: No such file or directory
helloPixel.c: In function ‘main’:
helloPixel.c:8: error: ‘SDL_Surface’ undeclared (first use in this function)
helloPixel.c:8: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
helloPixel.c:8: error: for each function it appears in.)
helloPixel.c:8: error: ‘screen’ undeclared (first use in this function)
helloPixel.c:9: error: ‘Uint8’ undeclared (first use in this function)
helloPixel.c:9: error: ‘p’ undeclared (first use in this function)
helloPixel.c:14: error: ‘SDL_INIT_VIDEO’ undeclared (first use in this function)
helloPixel.c:17: error: ‘SDL_SWSURFACE’ undeclared (first use in this function)
helloPixel.c:20: error: syntax error before ‘)’ token

edit: and if i tell gcc to include header files at the place i extracted the make version of ooPo's toolchain installer, i get this:

Code:
starpause@outhouse:~/gameparkDev/helloPixel$ gcc helloPixel.c -I /home/starpause/gameparkDev/ooPoToolchainMakefileInstaller/gp2xdev/libs/SDL-1.2.9/include/ -lSDL -o helloPixel
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lSDL
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

i must need some basic schooling in development environments :( any help appreciated :)

Your makefile isn't finding SDL.h, I don't know if it will help, but here's my makefile.
The important bit for SDL is the LIBS line that expands out to:
C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-sdl-config
which runs a script of some kind that loads all the required library files automatically.
This is with Octate's older devkit though.

Code:
CROSS_COMPILE = C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-
SDL_BASE = C:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-
LDFLAGS = -static

CC = $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc
CXX = $(CROSS_COMPILE)g++
STRIP = $(CROSS_COMPILE)strip

CFLAGS = `$(SDL_BASE)sdl-config --cflags` -O2 -Wall -Werror
CXXFLAGS = `$(SDL_BASE)sdl-config --cflags` -O2 -Wall -Werror
LIBS = `$(SDL_BASE)sdl-config --libs` `C:/devkitGP2X/bin/xml2-config --libs` -lpthread

SDLTEST_TARGET = gp2xcc.gpe
SDLTEST_OBJS = gp2xcc.o

all : $(SDLTEST_TARGET)

$(SDLTEST_TARGET) : $(SDLTEST_OBJS)
	$(CXX) $(LDFLAGS) -o $(SDLTEST_TARGET) $(SDLTEST_OBJS) $(LIBS)
	$(STRIP) $(SDLTEST_TARGET)

clean:
	rm -f $(ALL_TARGETS) *.o *~

thanks for the advice mindlord. a makefile did ease things for me, i was trying to compile via the command line w/ only what you saw in my paste. synkro pointed out that ooPo still has a tester example of how to use his toolchain on his site. the tester app compiled fine for me so i modified it a bit and was able to compile the helloPixel eample as well! i'm running linux, here's the modified makefile i used:

Code:
  SDLCONFIG = $(GP2XDEV)/bin/sdl-config

CC = gp2x-gcc

CFLAGS = -static -Wall -pedantic -std=c99 -Os $(shell $(SDLCONFIG) --cflags)

LDFLAGS = -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_gfx $(shell $(SDLCONFIG) --libs) -lmikmod -lvorbisidec -lsmpeg -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lfreetype -lm

STRIP = gp2x-strip --strip-all

all: helloPixel.gpe

default: all

clean:
	rm helloPixel.gpe

helloPixel.gpe: helloPixel.c
	$(CC) $(CFLAGS) helloPixel.c -o helloPixel.gpe $(LDFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS)
	$(STRIP) helloPixel.gpe

edit: DJWillis told me that ooPo's SDL libs are a bit out of date, so I do think the open2x toolchain is a better solution if you're starting from scratch. however, now that i have *anything* compiling at all i think i'll play around and have some fun before diving back into enviornment-setup-hell :) :ph34r:

I finished building the kit and had the same issue with the SDL library but I was not worried because I just want to build a kernel module. Have not gotten to that yet. I stuck trying to build a kernel for the Neuro OSD device that I just got ... (found it at think.geek.com)

I hope to get down to the real reason I started this investigation today, building a kernel module for my wireless USB stick.

Ok ... finished the build and check tried to do a kernel build (1st step: make dep) no joy:
Code:
[gwmiller@uniserv kernel]$ make dep
rm -f include/asm
( cd include; ln -sf asm-arm asm)
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/gwmiller/gp2xDev/kernel/arch/arm/tools'
/home/gwmiller/gp2xDev/kernel/scripts/mkdep -D__KERNEL__ -I/home/gwmiller/gp2xDev/kernel/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -Os -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Uarm -fno-common -pipe -mapcs-32 -D__LINUX_ARM_ARCH__=4 -march=armv4 -mtune=arm9tdmi -mshort-load-bytes -msoft-float -Uarm  -- getconstants.c |\
 sed s,getconstants.o,constants.h, > .depend
make all
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/gwmiller/gp2xDev/kernel/arch/arm/tools'
gp2x-gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/home/gwmiller/gp2xDev/kernel/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -Os -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -Uarm -fno-common -pipe -mapcs-32 -D__LINUX_ARM_ARCH__=4 -march=armv4 -mtune=arm9tdmi -mshort-load-bytes -msoft-float -Uarm -S -o constants.h.tmp.1 getconstants.c
cc1: error: invalid option 'apcs-32'
cc1: error: invalid option 'short-load-bytes'
make[2]: *** [constants.h] Error 1
I did not change the configuration from what I go off of SVN (but that may be the problem) .. anyone have a working config file I could use?

Back