Countdown To Production Unit Showcase 7 Day(S)

is that font on the buttons final?
I dunno what it is, Times new roman or something? but it looks really cheap. I hope it gets changed to a 'cleaner' looking font before mass production.

Pandora.JPG

If my memory serves me correctly, they said at the time of that render being issued that the font in the image was temporary - a recent photograph confirms that, too. ;)

EDIT: No, Gruso, you're right, I think. :p And you ninja'd me.

So I guess the product showcase is coming the day after my birthday. I guess I'd better work on my demos...

Who owns openpandora.ca?
Is it an official site? Or just someone playing a silly game?
I got an email from a lady at OpenPandoraSales that did say shipping is November (or could be Nov).. But, could the site be a fake?

kingoddball said:
Who owns openpandora.ca?
Is it an official site? Or just someone playing a silly game?
I got an email from a lady at OpenPandoraSales that did say shipping is November (or could be Nov).. But, could the site be a fake?

It's MWeston's site. We wouldn't be reporting it as an official update otherwise. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hang on a minute, I thought Craig's last 'tweet' indicated that the test cases would either be shipped on this weekend or arrive this weekend. OpenPandora.ca's countdown still shows 5 days to go until a final production unit is seen. Does it really take a week to ship from China to Canada?

Thanks.
I was just making sure.
I have not seen many references to it, thats all.
:ph34r: - I am in the shadows, we dont hear as much as you brave souls!

Dead1nside said:
Hang on a minute, I thought Craig's last 'tweet' indicated that the test cases would either be shipped on this weekend or arrive this weekend. OpenPandora.ca's countdown still shows 5 days to go until a final production unit is seen. Does it really take a week to ship from China to Canada?

I'm curious, how long do you expect it to take? (Obviously not being next day delivery and all)
As it seems pretty fast to me, but maybe I'm just used to how long things take to get from A to B in Britain (even by courier when it's not next day)

Edit:
@kingoddball - I was referring to Dead1nside's question about the cases taking 5 days. And as you've just said within a week, still sounds like 5 days to me, and given delivery problems in the past I think it's pretty reasonable(optimistic even)

Im In Australia. I paid $50USD for 24/48Hour postage.. If you did the same, you could possibly have it within a week of release!
BUT! Are they being released or is this the first 105 units, which I doubt any of us "end" users will be getting. They would and should be sent to developers.. They deserve them!

kingoddball said:
Im In Australia. I paid $50USD for 24/48Hour postage.. If you did the same, you could possibly have it within a week of release!
BUT! Are they being released or is this the first 105 units, which I doubt any of us "end" users will be getting. They would and should be sent to developers.. They deserve them!

I don't see why they would print "shippping in november" if it was only the first 105 units going to developers and such because "shipping in november" indicates regular guys who preordered will get it, at least to me it does anyway.

Paradox said:
I don't see why they would print "shippping in november" if it was only the first 105 units going to developers and such because "shipping in november" indicates regular guys who preordered will get it, at least to me it does anyway.
The ones that are 5 day's from now are the 105 units, the regular guys is going to start hopefully some point this month

Na-Noo said:
The ones that are 5 day's from now are the 105 units, the regular guys is going to start hopefully some point this month
Quote? I was pretty sure what's incoming are a few case samples to finally decide on "OK China, get MP going!".

Yeah, the boards they're putting into these cases are from the first 105, but I don't think there will be 105 cases this week. Maybe 5 or 10 max? Just a guess.

The status on the official site also reflects that the moulds are done :)

http://openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=98&Itemid=13&lang=en

Wow, I haven't been on here for an age! (liking the new layout by the way).

I was just curious about the status of the OpenPandora project, I see you can order them from gbax.com but only via email, is this because these are beta units and if so does anybody know when the fully fledged production models will be available?

Yep sorry for misleading. There's a few test cases (although we've not been told how many!) that should be delivered this week, then the go ahead if everything with them are ok to go for the mass production.

Maybe it took them a bit of time to update the status, because the moulds had to be done to produce the test cases.
I wonder if it should've been changed to done though before the cases where tested, in case changes are required even minor changes. (Fingers crossed though)

Back