Couple questions regarding battery saves and Quake

Delirious17

Still Fresh
I love emulation :) I do it on my original xbox, wii, droid, PSP, etc. I use what are called battery saves. If you were to hook up an SNES game that supported saves to the cartridge itself (like Super Mario world) to your computer to download everything on the cartridge, you'd get the rom and if any saves are there. They're usually .sav .srm or something like that and they're usually well below 100kb each.

My question is I can't seem to get any saves to work for GBA and SNES. Do the emulators support battery saves?

And for Quake (Specifically Quake 3) is there any way to pull down the console like for commands to the game and what not?

Thanks again! :)

1- Dunno

2- Didn't find yet. Did you tried to launch q3 with the +console switch or something like that ?

I seem to remember having this issue. I found myself using save states. Which works until you save the wrong state and then you have to start again which usually happens when pissed like I am now. In a game like gba castlevania, you can save state anywhere and iot just saves so you dont have to bother using save zones or whatever their called. I find an emulator that saves states and has a working rapid fire to be the only way to complete snake rattle and roll on the nes. So its good, but saving as the game intended is good too.

Yes, they do support battery saves. For gpSP, put it in the same directory as the ROM with the exact same name as the ROM (minus extension). For snes9x4p, put them on your sd card in the /pandora/appdata/snes9x.skeezix.alpha/.snes96_snapshots directory. Admittedly that's not very intuitive (at least for SNES) but I don't think skeezix was thinking of people bringing their own save games over, he just wanted a location somewhere out of the way where save games would go.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Stan, that's exactly the same as Snes9x does on any Linux system. ;) (It's just it would usually simply be in your home directory, rather than a directory within a directory within a directory within a directory.)

And for Quake (Specifically Quake 3) is there any way to pull down the console like for commands to the game and what not?

It's Fn + H

But i don't know how to type something...

The error message is :

stdin is not a tty, tty console mode failed.

Back