COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The article specifically said capillaries, not arteries. Yeah, it would be kinda hard for immune cells to block those.

Well yeah, arteries feed into the capillaries which feed in to veins which take it back to the pulmonary system via the blood-brain barrier. It's quite intricate, and I'm not quite sure where the dividing line between arteries and capillaries should be put. I was calling them arteries to emphasise their carrying of glucose and oxygen (as iron oxide in the haemoglobin), but perhaps they're better off calling them capillaries to indicate their smallness. I guess I should use the same terminology as the linked article to remain clear in any case however.

if HCQ was a miracle cure, we wouldn't have a raging pandemic...

not even the government is that cold hearted. again, as i've said before, they want businesses to be open so they can get taxes. they wouldn't stop a treatment from getting out there. and even if one government could, not all would.
It is very efficient.
I stopped expecting people to see the truth about the situation because people are endlessly told since chidhood to be polite, to be honest, to be good sheeps, to trust in democracies, governments, medias and big companies.
It's called human husbandry.
Post automatically merged:

Based on absolutely zero evidence. Let me guess, you also drink vinegar daily, and do "detoxes" don't you?
Are 200+ studies absolutely zero evidence ?
Are high level doctors and professors lying ?

Last edited:
@Linux-SWAT : You claim that the vaccines haven't been tested properly, but are fine with the studies on HCQ that were done on roughly the same timeframe?

I'd be inclined to trust the studies but what I don't get in that case is that it was championed by some influential people like Trump or Bolsonaro who had no interest in having lockdowns or waiting for vaccines. So if it was truly a good solution, you'd expect them to have successfully deployed it. From what I can see, it has been widely used in Brazil and India and these countries still had higher death rates and decided to have vaccination campaigns.
So to me it looks like even if it might be somewhat effective as a cure, it's not a perfect solution.

@Linux-SWAT : You claim that the vaccines haven't been tested properly, but are fine with the studies on HCQ that were done on roughly the same timeframe?
HCQ is in large&active use since over half a century. There is a large documentation on its uses cases spawning over decades (a good generic anti-viral agent). Actually, its active ingredient is known to help with deases since the XVIIe century...
HCQ is used (successfully) against malaria because it is so cheap.

It's pretty surprising/disturbing to see a known and cheap solution being debunked by persons ("scientists") having (financials) interests in the deployment of the vaccines.
So it's fine to use it for poor people, but suddenly when richer people are impacted, it is discovered as "useless" and way more expensive solutions are forced upon us. Yet the persons spotting that are said to be "conspirators" so the expensives solutions continues to sell at large quantities...

EDIT: to be fair, HCQ is only a cure once you got it. A vaccin is the final solution since this fix you before you even got the virus. Just not the current ones. They use an unconventional&untested method.
A vaccin should be a shot of dead viris, so your immune system learn everything about the virus and learn to fight it properly. The current vaccins shot an ARn so your cells start producing a protein that the virus happen to have... currently. So your immune system learn to fight that protein and only that protein. What *will* happen (maybe already happened) is that the virus mutate to lose that protein and suddenly your vaccin become completly uneffective...
BTW: "surprisingly" since the vaccines began to be in use the virus started to produce lot's of "variants". But I guess nobody should see a link between the 2... What if, because the virus is forced to mutate (because of the flawed vaccin) a very dealy variant happen ? Will you still see theses ARn vaccins as *THE* only solution as the media continue to push it into our ear and throat ?

Last edited:
A good observation. I wonder; is the code they are injecting into people open-source?
It's not open source in as much as I understand what the situation is and what "open-source" may mean in this context.
Sort of should be public because it's patented. That's theory, enablement is a legal requirement but patent offices are jokes.
The WHO is just starting to suggest states should issue compulsory licenses to allow manufacturing of generic vaccines. I wonder for what case was the legal provision of compulsory patent licenses devised if not something causing deaths and poverty like a world war or something. But of course big pharma is going to threaten to stop researching forthcoming versions if they are not allowed to cash in as much as they want. AstraZeneca might maybe be better than others in this regard. In any case know-how transfer might be harder than it seems even if they wanted it.

I still think we need more clinical trials and the solution is not vaccines [Edit: hint why] but lockdowns and 0-COVID policies, but that doesn't mean anyone who wants shouldn't be able to get proper information and vaccines, as long as they keep preventive measures while the pandemic lasts.

On HCQ, I don't know. Ask a doctor. I remember in spring or so some doctor doing a clinical trial very hopeful and enthusiastic recruiting candidates. Then a few months after, when the results should be ready, they decided to extend it a little while, and finally announced that it didn't work. Since the doctor was initially so enthusiastic I took it for true that it didn't work. But that's just one trial, I don't remember which one it was, I don't remember exactly in what situation they tested it... But my impression was "close but no cigar". And I don't know medicine.

On other news I read some people in Austria are starting to find out more on why some patients develop mild COVID-19 or no symptoms and others more severe cases. Not sure the evidence is strong enough, but at least a hint on genetic predisposition. Now I start creeping on massive genetic profiling and abuses, but that's just ordinary paranoia.

Last edited:

I'd be inclined to trust the studies but what I don't get in that case is that it was championed by some influential people like Trump or Bolsonaro who had no interest in having lockdowns or waiting for vaccines. So if it was truly a good solution, you'd expect them to have successfully deployed it. From what I can see, it has been widely used in Brazil and India and these countries still had higher death rates and decided to have vaccination campaigns.
So to me it looks like even if it might be somewhat effective as a cure, it's not a perfect solution.

It's proven harmless since decades:
"Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1955."

Note that the article has been manipulated by some idiots or a criminal organization:
"Hydroxychloroquine was studied to prevent and treat coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID‑19), but all clinical trials conducted during 2020 found it is ineffective and may cause dangerous side effects."

I don't care about governments for that kind of crisis because the amount of money involved here is far beyond imagination.
I care about real medical experts.
Post automatically merged:

Nobody can deny that from a certain point of view, covid is a good thing.

Now I start creeping on massive genetic profiling and abuses, but that's just ordinary paranoia.
I assume you screwed up that link. Oh well, I've changed it and it works now. That's not generic profiling by the way as I read it, just you can get other people's test results (and perhaps their address). If you want genetic profiling, look to Iceland that decoded everyone in the country's DNA before it was considered a privacy violation, or all of those genetic test companies like 23 and me who you send your swab to and they tell you how irish you are, meanwhile they get all of your DNA for profiling and any other abuse you can think of.

Following that link and a couple of linked stories has led me to this which might be pertinent to this thread (albeit old info).

Last edited:
That's not generic profiling by the way as I read it, just you can get other people's test results.
No, it isn't. It's just an abuse to hold personal data including test results so insecure. I was maybe not clear in meaning that if they can't even keep that relatively simple data secure, what will they do when they need to keep secure greater and much more complex datasets.
I could have linked to "open access" DCIM servers (Edit: I meant DICOM servers, PACS), or so.

If you want genetic profiling, look to Iceland that decoded everyone in the country's DNA before it was considered a privacy violation, or all of those genetic test companies like 23 and me who you send your swab to and they tell you how irish you are, meanwhile they get all of your DNA for profiling and any other abuse you can think of.
I don't want it. But yes, I know it exists already. I'd just like to avoid it becoming more fashionable. And avoid to hoard it all in huge daasets.

Last edited:
Yes, it's an abuse of data. Still not the same thing as genetic profiling. Yes, the lack of competent data security is an observed fact, and capitalism really doesn't pay for it, so in reality it doesn't happen. But that discussion should probably go on in another thread and not this one, because the way I see it it's quite big.

Last edited:
Wtf?! Is that what you took from that?! That it’s a good thing?! Wow...
I guess it was just a jest. But I agree that there are multiple points of view, for example: The rich got richer and the poor poorer, so from a 1% percenters point of view...
Plus it's a great opportunity for a reset.

Rest what and towards what?
Well, it has helped prove that offices don't really help productivity too much, and if it makes people happier and they've got internet, they can work from home. Also, supposedly in cities they saw a drop in urban traffic at least to begin with, which proved how much pollution was cause by petroleum powered cars, although I didn't notice much change where I am, but then the main road down here is a link between cities, and I guess farmers still need to shift livestock and stuff while we're still eating meat. We're situated below the road, so cars passing are often hidden behind the wall, you only really notice vans if you're looking, and you can hear the farmers coming down in their tractors even from t'other end of the garden.

The US Senate just passed President Biden's COVID-19 relief bill. It has to go back to the House of Representatives for a final vote, but I think we in the US will be getting relieved very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back