Not a volcano... but...

No problem here, it looks like the Pyra's dream team never give up the fight.
Also looks like all small chinese compagnies are dealing with delivery problems in this days, better digging with this sort of problem as diktatur's one.
Never believe a chinese compagny who says : "delivery in two months". There's a copyright.
All the best !

Reactions: rSl
Oh man, i'm so sorry to hear that! I hope, you will recover from this accident somehow

Reactions: rSl
So sorry you are having to deal with that. I had a similar thing happen to me years ago with a security contract. One of my employees contacted a few of the companies we were working for and basically offered to do the same work at a cheaper price. I lost several contracts. Fortunately it did not take long for them to fail and they came back with their tail between their legs asking for help. But it still hit my bottom line hard. Running a business in this day and age is a challenge. Hang in there ED!

Sorry to hear it, ED. The feeling of violation/betrayal is often as bad or worse than the monetary damage in such cases.

And speaking of cases, I was one of the dark chrome survey respondents and bummed to hear it’s off the table for now. If there’s more work to be done with the company to find a solution I just want to again put out there that I would be totally 100% happy with an uncoated clear case personally

Good luck getting back on track and finding good people to help.
Same here. The problem with a clear case is brittle plastic and light bleed. There's always smoked. I imagine more conventional colors that could be mooted are silver-gray, blue, or red.

Ugh, that's a horrible situation you wnt through ED. When I was stolen from I felt violated. I can't imagine the feelings of betrayal on top of that.

I hope you get fully compensated tor your loss.

___

As far as Pyra colors go. I don't care which color I end up with. For me the capability and ergonomics of the pyra a more important.

Is there anything noteworthy / Pyra related for those of us who unfortunately aren't German speakers?

He explained that the actual situation of the store is not the best, the money he lost because of the thief makes him hard to get new stuff to sell, so either he gets a lot of orders or he can't refill the store.
Also spoke about receiving donation from who is willing to help about the situation.

Is there anything noteworthy / Pyra related for those of us who unfortunately aren't German speakers?
From my head:
No Pyra updates in that post, only shop updates. As already mentioned ED mentions the financial situation due to the rogue employee and he set-up a donation 'product' in the shop you can purchase to support the shop.
There is a release of this new GPD with a German keyboard that requires a 10k investment or something, for this the donation option could also be used to support him providing German-aimed products (compared to US-keyboard).
A new brochure is digitally available and a new magazine with articles (so not focused on the shop for selling items), these can be found on the shop also. In the future ED would like to demo some more of the products he's mentioning.
There is a new box to covert analog tv-signals from retro-consoles to digital ones and some new release for retro consoles (he shows prototype boxes, for NES and Gameboy. I'm not familiar with the games though).
For anyone that fancies ED's dog, the dog isn't really visible but is definitely part of the background of this video by charmingly distracting ED.

If somehow the Pyra stalls, I’m ok and forgive the expense. I’m rooting for ED to overcome the tough setback he’s been dealt.

I was a Craig preorder and was basically effed. ED took on a bunch of those folks to try and help, but I was I think not in any line to get a Pandora. At some point I had kickstarted and received another retro handheld and reached out to him about potentially trading with him for the lowest end Pandora. ED agreed but when the Pandora showed up, it was a silver Rebirth unit. I pinged him about it but he told me to keep and enjoy it. Will never forget his generosity, and I still cherish that Pandora.

If somehow the Pyra stalls, I’m ok and forgive the expense. I’m rooting for ED to overcome the tough setback he’s been dealt.

I was a Craig preorder and was basically effed. ED took on a bunch of those folks to try and help, but I was I think not in any line to get a Pandora. At some point I had kickstarted and received another retro handheld and reached out to him about potentially trading with him for the lowest end Pandora. ED agreed but when the Pandora showed up, it was a silver Rebirth unit. I pinged him about it but he told me to keep and enjoy it. Will never forget his generosity, and I still cherish that Pandora.
I'm very similar, I was a Craig preorderer so my money was lost until ED stepped in and fulfilled most (all?) of those orders.
I really want the Pyra as it sorts my main issues with the Pandora (backlit keyboard, screen resolution enough to properly display menu and dialogue windows etc).
If the Pyra ultimately fails I'll be really disappointed but I know I won't have been cheated, it will just be an accumulation of unfortunate events, the theft from the store is just awful.

I'm very similar, I was a Craig preorderer so my money was lost until ED stepped in and fulfilled most (all?) of those orders.
I really want the Pyra as it sorts my main issues with the Pandora (backlit keyboard, screen resolution enough to properly display menu and dialogue windows etc).
If the Pyra ultimately fails I'll be really disappointed but I know I won't have been cheated, it will just be an accumulation of unfortunate events, the theft from the store is just awful.
There are many parts already ordered and in store.
The main problem is workforce. Chances are high you will eventually get your Pyra

There are many parts already ordered and in store.
The main problem is workforce. Chances are high you will eventually get your Pyra
I'm not too concerned on that score, I know if ED can get through the losses from the theft then he'll get things moving again, I'm just worried about the toll on him and the business.

He explained that the actual situation of the store is not the best, the money he lost because of the thief makes him hard to get new stuff to sell, so either he gets a lot of orders or he can't refill the store.
Also spoke about receiving donation from who is willing to help about the situation.
Thanks for sharing that. (small) Donation sent. :)

Thanks for sharing that. (small) Donation sent. :)
Is there a link for donations?

Given the thief has been identified, is there any means of getting the money back? I'm not familiar with the German justice system. In some places, you would be expected to have insurance, and to be able to claim on your insurance for the loss. In others, the expectation would be that you can sue the thief, and assuming the suit was successful, get an 'attachment' on their subsequent earnings until they have paid off the debt. No doubt such processes are slow and time consuming, and ED has a cashflow problem now.

Hmmmm?? Been wondering why I have not received my Pyra as yet. Now I know why. Glad you got over COVID ED. I know how it is as I deal with COVID day to day. I am a Pharmacist in a local hospital. Just take care of yourself and get things done as you can. I can wait some more.

Given the thief has been identified, is there any means of getting the money back? I'm not familiar with the German justice system. In some places, you would be expected to have insurance, and to be able to claim on your insurance for the loss. In others, the expectation would be that you can sue the thief, and assuming the suit was successful, get an 'attachment' on their subsequent earnings until they have paid off the debt. No doubt such processes are slow and time consuming, and ED has a cashflow problem now.

You can get a so-called "title" and use that to get an "attachment" to subsequent earnings or to force him to provide an overview of his assets (bank accounts etc.) and get money from those. However, you will have to pay all costs for that proceedings upfront and only get it back when you're able to get money from the guy, and there's a quite high limit of his earnings which he is allowed to keep in any case (even higher when he has children). So it's a complicated, expensive and much too creditor-friendly process, which gets even more complicated when such a guy decides to declare himself bankrupt ("private insolvency").

Back