First look at the new battery cover and a general update

I have an additional suggestion for the battery cover - see the attached picture for clarification.

On the side that slides out you can add some affordances indicating the sliding direction for either opening or closing/locking.
This would work better as an embossed ridge pattern and symbols (a lock maybe?) rather than raised ridges.
Embossed means adding material to the mould but there would be less danger of having the Pyra "sit" tilted on a flat surface.

Attachments

• battery_cover_affordances_small.jpg
    battery_cover_affordances_small.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 178
I have an additional suggestion for the battery cover - see the attached picture for clarification.

On the side that slides out you can add some affordances indicating the sliding direction for either opening or closing/locking.
This would work better as an embossed ridge pattern and symbols (a lock maybe?) rather than raised ridges.
Embossed means adding material to the mould but there would be less danger of having the Pyra "sit" tilted on a flat surface.
It could very well cost a ton of money perhaps in the 10s of thousands euros to re-tool the molds to implement such a thing and cause several months of extra time to implement a change like that. It may not cost that much, but it could... If anything it would for sure take a ton of time and effort to re-qualify after a change like this, and people waited long enough for their Pyras.

That may be true for this iteration and the next few, but at some point it may well be worth considering.

The new battery cover looks like an improvement indeed. I was rather sceptic at first, but it looks like a rigid solution to me. I know a lot of covers that loose friction over time, but this one seems to have a proper latch that does not come loose easily.

I really hope to get my Pyra soon. The threshold is coming close to my order date :).

Back