COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I just saw a line in an article that said medications can reduce the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines. See if you can spot it:

Now I remember being worried about not having a strong response to the vaccine, and I'm worried about it all over again. My elbow felt sort of prickly for a day or two, but that was about it.

So I guess you'll be expected to have a smartphone with you to be able to attend larger events. Assume Pyra won't be acceptable.
If the system works at all, you should be expected to be tested by a system controlled by the venue, not by your own phone where you could install a fake diagnostic app that tells what you want.
This means the venue and intermediate vendors also get to biometrically identify you.

If the system works at all, you should be expected to be tested by a system controlled by the venue, not by your own phone where you could install a fake diagnostic app that tells what you want.
This means the venue and intermediate vendors also get to biometrically identify you.
Ah okay. That's reassuring, thanks.

Ah okay. That's reassuring, thanks.
No reassurement meant. In fact I was assuming you can install your own application in your own phone, and I'm not sure whether that's very up to date now. They could also force you to bring "your" phone and require that it's controlled by someone else. That would be overcomplicated and absolutely absurd, but it's not different in concept than DRM, so I may not be able to imagine the distopy well enough. :eek:

Realistically speaking, the venue doesn't care. Its goal is to have as many visitors as possible. It's similar to how they check for weapons by having a bored guard quickly glance into the top of one of your bag. It's security theater to make people feel safe enough to come.

And if it ever turns out that someone had a fake diagnostic app and contaminated people they'll point at the T&C that say that you had to use their app and sue that person for the damage they suffered.

Damn, I just saw a line in an article that said medications can reduce the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines. See if you can spot it:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/a...-dr-fauci-says-the-research-means-11618263415
Nope, and I did read it all. Care to quote the offending line?

The closest I could find was this:
“There may be higher rates of vaccine breakthrough with B.1.351, but it is possible that (a) vaccine effectiveness coupled with enacted non-pharmaceutical interventions remain sufficient to prevent its spread
...but on consideration that's actually talking about hand washing and face covering and keeping your distance. Those are the 'enacted non-pharmacutical inverventions'.

The USA medicines administration halted Jansen vaccine and the company or the EMA just halted administration in the EU too ? I'm really getting quite lost. I mean I'm still sceptical of any vaccine that's not even one year old, but man, is it 6 cases of thrombosis in 6 or 7 million shots? And are they not counting the cases in mRNA vaccines ? If mRNA recipients don't have thombosis then they're going to have something else just as serious in those low frequencies (just as the rest of the ppopulation). It's either a marketing campaign or there's data I don't know. I'm puzzled. Why they don't just collect data, let the scientist do their science and meanwhile try to inform recipients and let them weight their risks and give vaccines to those who want them and don't give privileges to vaccinated (or unvaccinated) people and keep preventive measures in place ? Just the day the UK reopened pubs just as they missed COVID-19 already... Man, ils sont foux ces romains!

Nope, and I did read it all. Care to quote the offending line?
Breakthrough infections can also occur if immunity wanes, the shot is damaged because of something like a storage issue, or someone’s age or medications limit their immune response, Fauci added.
Basically, your own medications can limit you from having a proper immune response to the vaccine.

Like pyrat mentioned just a few minutes ago, the CDC and FDA are recommending that the US pause distribution of the Johnson & Johnson vaccines. Federal distribution sites have already stopped, but it will be up to individual states to decide what to do with the doses they already have.

Edit: And yeah, I agree with pyrat, a one in a million chance of a blood clot doesn't really faze me. Reminds me of this cool anti-depressant with no side effects that they have and won't give to anyone, because it has a one in ten thousand chance of immediate liver failure.

Basically, your own medications can limit you from having a proper immune response to the vaccine.
The only thing I read (somewhere) was about that if you pamper your immune-system then, like a muscle you do not train, it gets lazy. But it was, I think, an article about antibiotics and kids growing up eating earthworms and playing with dirt v/s those who do not.

I have this BIG question. If facemasks are effective. And farts contain more covid than breaths... shouldn't we have commercial assmasks retail by now?

My state just announced that they'll be following the federal government in pausing all Johnson & Johnson vaccine distribution. Governor Cooper's having his weekly COVID-19 press conference in about an hour and a half too. The numbers are steady here, so I don't really see him making any changes to current restrictions, but of course I'll let you guys know.

Like pyrat mentioned just a few minutes ago, the CDC and FDA are recommending that the US pause distribution of the Johnson & Johnson vaccines. Federal distribution sites have already stopped, but it will be up to individual states to decide what to do with the doses they already have.
So it's more and more plausible that the System wants the people to get the mARN shot.

:rollseyes: J&J will get reauthorized at some point.

i got the mRNA shot and i don't feel any different, besides the extra eye i got on my hands, but that's really handy for seeing around corners.

Yup but the negative impact over the reputation of non-mRNA shots is done.
Exactly, and for the USA I think the AZ vaccine was not authorized yet? Or is it authorized and just not used (much)? I mean at least in the USA it's the first such show. But for the EU the situation is a playback of what happened with AZ weeks ago. What's the reason to stop it ? Look closely at the data sure, but if it's just 6 cases there isn't going to be much statistical relevant evidence anyway. The EMA made a fuss of itself these last weeks and now again with another similar vaccine ? The difference is this time is not the EMA, the EU or the governments but the company itself, although in talks with EMA, I think. The pause is not really a huge problem, it's more about reputation and such, as you say.

Turns out that COVID-19 press conference my state had today wasn't the regular weekly one, but an extra one to address the Johnson & Johnson situation. About six minutes of Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Dr. Mandy Cohen telling people that the vaccine safety measures we have in place are working, and to keep Pfizer and Moderna appointments and get Johnson & Johnson appointments rescheduled as necessary, followed by Q&A with the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back